Thread: Help

User Info Menu

Question Help

Hi, I have practiced drums for about 10 years ago and I am not in touch now. I hve an interest start practicing and play in a band now. My question is wther I will pick up fast or not? And also I may require some drums beets and breaks to be practiced. Please help me on this Thank you

Nilan

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nilan
    Hi, I have practiced drums for about 10 years ago and I am not in touch now. I hve an interest start practicing and play in a band now. My question is wther I will pick up fast or not? And also I may require some drums beets and breaks to be practiced. Please help me on this Thank you

Nilan

Welcome Nilan, you came to the right place and we can definately help you with your situation. First, for information on tips for drumming, the internet is your BEST resource. Some of the cool sites are...Drumming.com, Drumtips.com, and 411drums.com.

They have a ton of things to help you. Now for you picking up fast or not depends on how you practice. Determination and practice are the keys to success in this. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

and don't forget about drumbum.com

User Info Menu

thank you drummer,
    I still want some advicess from you. I have little hasitations of hitting the base drum kick paddle. That doesn't happent in an order. please give your advicess to make it in an order. Is there any extraordinery practicess?
    thank you
    nilan

User Info Menu

Nilan, make sure you have the right tension adjusted on the kick pedal. Then start off just playing kick and snare untill its smooth and then add the HH. If you played before it will come back to ya. I had about a 6 year spell of no playing and it was tough to get the hang of it. Like Drummer4HIm said, use the net to find sites to help you out besides this one. It will inspire you to play again for sure.
    Good luck and happy playin!

User Info Menu

Yeah Nilan, like Dave said, you can start off by doing simple exercises with the snare drum and bass drum. You will get the hang of it once again after a few weeks. But once you get back in the swing of things, it will be well worth the hard work you put into it.

Please keep us posted with your progress and check the websites that are available to you. We are happy to help in any way.
    Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

User Info Menu

Thumbs up Thanks

Hi
    thank you Dave, Drummer4 and all. I will do that excercise

Nilan

User Info Menu

Nilan,

You might want to try listening to some live recordings of your favourite drummers/bands and trying to play along - it will help with your time keeping and at take some of the chore out of practicing.

User Info Menu

Hi Dave, Drummer4him & all

I have a problem of playing one particular beat. When I start playing it goes smooth and then it goes confuse after. This i practice many times but still I’m uncomfortable with it. Whether I can send you the clip then u will get an idea. please help me on this

Thank You

Reg
    Nilanga