Thread: What should I do!?

User Info Menu

Default What should I do!?

hello there drummers!

I have a serious problem! I live in Norway and over here it is REALLY expensive for cymbals, so i have to think cheap=P

I've been looking at Zildjian ZXT,ZBT and Wuhan S Series, but i have not found any sound samples or something like that. I have allso consider to buy some of each set, but I'm not sure how that can effect the overall sound..
    Can you Guys help me?

Erik

User Info Menu

Hey Druminator,

Welcome to Drumchat. Kick off your shoes, stay a while.

Anyway, there's some sound clips of the Zildjian cymbals on their website. Just go to products > Sheet Bronze Cymbals and then pick whatever line you want to hear.

Apparently, The Wuhan cymbals are all terrible apart from their Chinas. I don't really know, I don't have any Wuhan's. But I'm sure someone will chime in with their opinions on Wuhan.

How much are you looking to spend on your cymbals?

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Thx!

I think about $1100..

in noway i'll get 1 Sabian AAX Solid Hats and one 18" Crash for this.....

and I have destroied all my cymbals so I'll need a complete pack i have considered the whole ZXT..

User Info Menu

Ive heard good things about wuhan actually, since its china, and the labors cheap, they hand hammer cymbals or something, but people say they sound terrible because since their hand hammered, some parts sound diffrent ect

But if your trying cheap, and your trying to save as much money as you can, and you want one from the big three, look at sabian, their generaly 50$ US cheaper on cymbal packs than zildjian

But if your really scrapping for cash, and just need some new cymbals, and want some zildjians, the ZHT's arnt bad, b12 alloy, thats better than b8 (which is what ZXT is made from) and their not bad on price (14 hats, 16 crash, 20 ride plus cymbal bag and a free china depending on where you buy) for 340$ US

But if you want soem pro grade, and are on a budget, look into sabian AA's, though the price has raised on sabian for some reason un-be-nounced to me, im sure you can find them on ebay for their old price (450$ for hats, crash, and ride) plus some free goodies such as a bag, sticks and a extra cash (depending on the seller

User Info Menu

The Wuhan Splash cymbals are ok too.. I like my 12" splash..
    When we do right, no one remembers. When we do wrong, no one forgets.

User Info Menu

Dude, with 1100, that opens up HUGE oppertunitys, look at the higher end box sets, such as the zildjian A custom/A zildjian pre packs, or the sabian AA/AAX pre packs

User Info Menu

I could allso mix and take a little of sabian and a little of Zildjian:P

I want many cymbals:P

User Info Menu

Yah, I am sure...
    But, the Wuhan High Hats sound really good, always been into them. Another good option is the experimental chinese cymbal makers by the name of DREAM. They are fairly new to the cymbal scene, so theres not a lot of reviews pretaining to them, however, myself using them a few times give them the thumbs up! Also, they are relatively cheap!
    DRUM NAKED!

I Tried To Think Of Something Insightful, But This Is All That Came To Mind...

-PerpetualFrog

User Info Menu

Hey Druminator, welcome to the site!

It might be worthwhile for you to shop Ebay and pay the extra shipping charges. I don't know what it costs to ship to Norway, but another option might be to purchase Zildjians' in Switzerland or Paistes' in Germany and have them shipped to you, that way you would'nt have to pay for shipping from the US. If you search hard enough, there's bound to be some shops that have some at decent prices since those are the places they were made.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

I think that you people from norway understand us swedes. So between us, Välkommen till forumet. Hur länge har du spelat trummor?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnysimmo
    I think that you people from norway understand us swedes. So between us, Välkommen till forumet. Hur länge har du spelat trummor?
    tjenare!:P joda:P skjønner masse svensk:P er 17 år, har spilt i 9 år=)

User Info Menu

Hello all! I'm a new post'er here....I thought i'd chime in with my 2 cents about cymbals....anytime I have been wanting new cymbals, I find the cheapest price on Ebay (buy it now), various stores (most of em online) etc...and I print out the page with the price, bring it to my local music store and 99% of the time they want my business so they will beat that price..been working for me and I have 10 new cymbals all with warranty for almost half the price...I will try to post a pic of my kit here soon! take r easy

User Info Menu

The internet has changed business forever. That's for sure.

Welcome to DRUM CHAT Drum Phil. That's just too funny... "Drum Phil... Drum Fill"...