Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I become A senior member?

User Info Menu

Default Re: How do I become A senior member?

Quote Originally Posted by begtimm561 View Post
    how about 1000 posts?
    and how hard is it really to be at that level? what do you get to do that everybody can't?
    I think that's Top Dog. I'm not quite there yet. About 200 more posts, but i'm not trying to raise my post count.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Send me a check for $200 and I'll make sure you're a senior member.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmania View Post
    Anyone ever thought about a new rank scheme. Those who have 2,500, 5,000 and even 10,000 post should have something different. With the way the board is moving, soon everyone will be a top dog (dont mess with me)

The rank structure that is posted above is something like this:

Private 0-100
    SGT 100-200
    2LT 200-500
    1LT 500-1000
    CPT 1000-1500
    MAJ 1500-2000
    LTC 2000-2500
    COL 2500-3000
    BG 3000-3500
    MG 3500-4000
    LTG 4000-4500
    Gen 4500-5000

Anything beyond 5000 I have not seen a ranking for so you could make it interesting such as:

Trusted DC Memeber 5000-6000
    DC Ambassador Level I 6000-7000
    DC Ambassador Levl II 7000 - 8000
    DC Ambassador Level III 8000-9000
    CD ambassador Level IV 9000-10000
    DC Grand Master 10000 plus

I am sure there are other ways to do it.
    I would have to be careful not to go above 200 posts .. who wants to be a 2nd lt.??

User Info Menu

If it ain't broke...don't fix it.
    There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/j...vaz/TheSet.jpg

User Info Menu

Bottom line is that once you've been around here for a while, you forget about the "rankings" and just enjoy the information and the fun. Rankings don't make us better members. What makes us better members is a respectful attitude (wouldn't it be a shame if we were acting like jerks the day that _________ (insert your favorite drummer here) dropped by), and a willing to help each other become better drummers.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    ...(wouldn't it be a shame if we were acting like jerks the day that _________ (insert your favorite drummer here) dropped by),...
    I had that happen a few times on the gig where I just wasn't in to it and I slacked off and just shlepped through. Then I look up and either a famous drummer is in the crowd or a real good, respected drummer from your town. There's not a worse feeling. Murphy's law dictates that you play every performance your best or this may happen to you! Learn from my mistakes.

User Info Menu

Cool Re: How do I become A senior member?

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Bottom line is that once you've been around here for a while, you forget about the "rankings" and just enjoy the information and the fun. Rankings don't make us better members. What makes us better members is a respectful attitude...and a willing to help each other become better drummers.
    I don't look down on anyone because he has more posts than I do (hint, hint! ). Nor do I look down on anyone because he --or she-- doesn't. The newest noob may have a question that makes me stop and think about what he wants--as would the most experienced members of our group. We help each other, give each other some good-natured and tasteful ribbing now and then, and treat each other as brothers and sisters, because we are...

And if you hang around long enough, noobs become senior members...wasn't all that long ago, was it, PB?
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

All ya gotta do is yak a lot, and don't get banned, easily enough to accomplish.
    Yamaha DTXtreme III FrankenXpress w/ various pads and cymbals
    Pearl Eliminator w/Vater Bomber
    Roc-N-Soc Motion
    Vater 7A Sugar Maple
    Simmons DA-200S
    Sony MDR-7506
    MacBookPro Core2 Duo 2.33,4gb,500gb w/SD2, Reason 4, and LE9

http://s591.photobucket.com/albums/ss358/Charlygo/