Thread: Need some info guys.

User Info Menu

Default Need some info guys.

Ok so one of the requirements for graduating at my high school is a senior project. As I am about to finish up my junior year of high school I have started to think about what I want to do for my senior project.
    I am considering re-wrapping a drum kit. Can someone give me a basic rundown of the process start to finish? I would like to know what I am getting into before I set anything in stone, thanks guys.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank

User Info Menu

Default Re: Need some info guys.

I have no experience but the Ghost Note forum is a good place to start. All about drum building, etc...
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Blue Nebula Blaze

ThePloughman Guest

Money. A 4 piece will cost you about 200 to rewrap.

Kit. Have you got a project kit worthy of putting that much money and time into?

Patience. This will prove to be the single most important part of the whole process.

Good Glue. Skip the bond tape. Do it right.

Patience. You will hear that often.
    Patience.
    Dont hurry anything in the process until there is a real need to hurry.
    Last edited by ThePloughman; 04-15-2010 at 07:25 PM.

User Info Menu

Like already mentioned, you need to consider having or buying a set that needs re-wrapping and the time and space to do it.

For about the same expense in wrapping alone you could build yourself a snare. Let us know what you decide and how the project turns out.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

Ok thanks guys, I will keep you guys posted on my decision now that I know what this job entails.
    "You have to love music more then food. More than air. More than yourself."-The Wizard (August Rush)

I think I can realistically say that I will never be too old to laugh at a fart. Ever. -dave0549jv

If we give up, we will never know what we might have been. - Pastor Bob

DC Record for most users online at once! Be there or be square! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html
    RIP Frank