Thread: Factory Metal Percussion

User Info Menu

Default Factory Metal Percussion

Factory Metal Percussion make jingles, chimes, and crashers that are unlike anything else out there. They offer a lot of products that will give you a sound option that is very unique. I have gotten a chance to play with most of their products and I have to say that I like the Gothic Radius and the Vertical Chinas the most. The gothic radius is basically an aluminum flat ride cymbal that can be bent and tweaked to create many different sounds. Very cool! The vertical china is a strip of aluminum that is the same way. Both can be mounted on a standard cymbal stand and can have sizzlers or jingles added to them.

I own the Hi Hat Jingler and a 33" Vertical China. The china I use pretty sparingly (as a china should) and it makes a great accent to some of the metal songs I play. It can be played by itself. Just grab the loose end and bend it while you hit the china with your stick and you can make some really eerie tone bending sounds with it. The hi hat jingler can be mounted on the hi hat post with a rubber grommet for quick on/off use, or it can be permanently mounted to the hi hat clutch. It gives you a light tambourine effect (which is adjustable) while letting your hi hat "chick" cut through. I use this a lot! It's by far the best $20 I ever spent for something for my kit!

Check these guys out. They are doing some new and innovative things for us drummers. More options equal more fun AND creativity!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 1DrumBum; 03-22-2007 at 01:06 AM.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

cool man, very cool. I like the way they look and sound i think i may dip into buying a few of them. Thanks for sharing that
    Eskimos

User Info Menu

I've seen one of those before, unique sound
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Default Re: Factory Metal Percussion

I went to Guitar Center today to pick up a few small items. While in, I asked if they had any Factory Metal. The sales guy showed me the 10" crashers that had been marked down to $39.99 and then marked down to $9.99. Needless to say I bought the last two. One for me and one for a girlfriend who also plays drums at a church. It will be fun to experiment with!!!
    Lisa

Psalm 150:5
    Praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals.

Drummer at Baptist church
    I like it syncopated and funky

Yamaha Hipgig
    Zildjian Special Dry ride
    Zildjian Constantinople crash
    Paiste 2002 hats
    Promark Crystal Ball beater

User Info Menu

Default Re: Factory Metal Percussion

I was just on teir site listening to some of their sound bites . I figured they would have a fast delay . I like their 6-8-10-12 Crasherz , nice effect cymbals .

Nice find tat, real good price . I think for a worship / praise band your friend will like what you picked up for her .
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey