Thread: Pearl's EPro vs Roland's TD12KX

User Info Menu

Default Pearl's EPro vs Roland's TD12KX

I am considering the purchase of one of these sets. I like the esthetics of the EPro and its size. In terms of sound, which one is better?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Pearl's EPro vs Roland's TD12KX

I think from what ive heard from demos,the TD12 sounds more natural to me,the EPro just sounded kinda dead.A combination of the two would be awesome
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Spot #68

In Soviet Russia,sticks break you!

User Info Menu

Thanks! Would that be true of all Roland vs Pearl? I am also wondeing if the ePro will be noisier. The cymbals definitely look like they would make more noise. I will listn to the demo on each site.

User Info Menu

You can add thrid party sounds pretty easily to the e-pro...

User Info Menu

One of my closest friends has been playing acoustic 40 years. He played the Pearl set and absolutely loved the feel and size of the drum heads but he also said the module sounds were not great. However that was in Guitar Center and anybody who walks in can mess with the settings. Best to try them for yourself. The TD12 is a nice kit all around, I have TD9sx and that also has excellent sounds especially with Vex kits upgrade for about $30.

User Info Menu

You can,but it will replace the entire internal memory for one kit.And there is way more customization on the TD12,you can change your shell depths,snare shell materials,you can add effects,change head types(clear,coated etc) and a whole lot more

And also,you can get plastic cymbals for the Epro
    Last edited by DaSoul; 04-26-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Spot #68

User Info Menu

You might want to look into Yamaha's newest release. The DTX900 is their new flagship and can be had within the price range of these two other kids (TD12 and ePro).

If you are only looking at the TD12 and ePro, then I'd go Roland. Aside from looking more like real drums, everything I read about Pearl's module and triggers is mediocre when compared with Yamaha and Roland.
    ^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^

User Info Menu

+1 for DLDante,i didnt reccommend Yamaha before because i thought you dont want to consider it.My vote goes to Yamaha,out of the two,Roland

Spot #68

User Info Menu

nyweiz guyz...,how much is the electronic drum???and which is the best brand to buy for???

YoBeBs '10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yobebs123 View Post
    nyweiz guyz...,how much is the electronic drum???and which is the best brand to buy for???
    The best brands are going to be Roland and Yamaha. Which one is actually better depends on who you ask, but they're both definitely better than the other brands currently available. As far as prices are concerned, it depends on which model you're looking at. They range from $500 to $7,000. If we're just looking at the models specifically mentioned in this post, then the typical prices are:

1) Pearl E-Pro: $3,200
    2) Roland TD12-KX: $4,000
    3) Yamaha DTX900: $4,400

I'm not sure about the E-Pro, but I know of a few sites that can give better prices on both the Roland and the Yamaha. This are the prices you'll usually see though.
    ^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^

User Info Menu

I really appreciate all this feedback! I just bought the Yamaha DD65 for my kids to get the feel. I get home all pumped up to show them, everyone is excited, pull it out of the box, no AC Adaptor! I have a bunch of AC adaptors, but they recommend the Yamaha ####. Or 6 x C batteries. I have every type of battery EXCEPT the C!!! The store is closed, the kids are depressed, my Friday night just bombed. Yamaha, is not at the top of my list right now!

User Info Menu

Man what a let down! I wouldn't guess that Yamaha would be at the top of my list after that either. Their eyes will light up again tomorrow though.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I'm sold on the Yamaha DTX 900, it's quiet, pads are fair size, relative ease of use, very versatile for home use, and price for what is offered is competitive. I am combining it with a Yamaha MS 100DR.

Any recommendations for earphones?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DaSoul View Post
    +1 for DLDante,i didnt reccommend Yamaha before because i thought you dont want to consider it.My vote goes to Yamaha,out of the two,Roland
    +2....the DTX900 with the regular rack is close in price to the two mentioned...and much better IMO

User Info Menu

Hi guys after reading the pro's and cons of the Epro live kit versus the others. You must not forget this is the FIRST E-kit from Pearl so give it time and I am sure that Pearl will master this E-kit over the others then you can compare it. In my opinion and of what I saw the Epro live is going to take the world soon. I don't play E-kits but I like the looks of the Epro live so real looking with the metal cymbals and wood shells. I'm debating to get one now or later when they are more advanced in technology.