Thread: Question RE: Drum Covers

User Info Menu

Default Question RE: Drum Covers

Ok so when I currently record drum covers I have to got through alot of stages

First off, I record the video on a camera and me playing the song to audacity.

Then, I have to go into movie maker and match up the video to the recording.

Then I have to match up the video (which now has my playing on, to the original song).

This is very long winded

What I want to know is, is there a certain piece of software, that I can play a song through the computer, and it records both the song and what Im playing at the same time, so all I have to do to create the cover is sync the 2 parts together (the Audio and video), the post to a video sharing site. I know that there is a solution to this when using software like garage band on mac, but I am using PC. I hope someone can understand this post and can help! Cheers! Alex

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

User Info Menu

Default Re: Question RE: Drum Covers

I don't think there is. The folks that I know of online that do (good sounding) drum covers (for example Cobus aka Deedlebag), do their covers this same way.

dave0549jv Guest

i tried like hell to get a track to line up with a recording, but i couldnt get it to work quite right. it was always just a little bit off... i feel your pain brother.

User Info Menu

I would suggest using something like adobe premier elements (instead of the full $$$ version) in place of movie maker and your sync up will be a piece of cake.