Thread: E-drums Opened Up a New World for Me

User Info Menu

Default E-drums Opened Up a New World for Me

I wanted to catch you folks up with some pics and hopefully future video clips to follow soon. I just recently put together a used e-kit (Yamaha DTXpress III module-thanks CharlyG and a used set of Yamaha DTXpressIV pad set (MF) and mounted everything to some spare Gibraltar V-Rack parts.

The ability to play totally silent with my good friend and guitar player buddy within the TASCAM DP-02 is unbelievable. The sound from the edrums mixed with mulitple guitar samples that the TASCAM has within its guitar menu has created a virtual studio for us within his cramped apartment.

As you can see by the pics, my guitar buddy has very little room to spare but the size of the Yamaha edrums with the Gibraltar rack has allowed for ample room to move about the apartment and the biggest plus for us??? NO NOISE complaints or cops at the door.

This particular project is such a huge departure from my oldies band. The orginal tunes (6 so far) is totally heavy metal, with a hint of some speed metal to keep things from getting too stale. No vocals as of yet and no real hurry to find a singer. No lyrics either. Currently, the guitar player is also laying down bass tracks after the rhythm guitar, lead guitar and drum tracks are finished.

My new Dell Studio15 laptop arrived last week and my ATT wireless broadband account will be activated when the hardware for the laptop antenna arrives this weekend. Along with some type of audio editing software and a simple movie making program, I'm hoping to finally post up some videos of me playing. But until then, these phone pics of my last recording session will have to do.

Cheers!

late8

User Info Menu

Default Re: E-drums Opened Up a New World for Me

NIce lookin e-kit! Thats an interesting placement for your bass drum pedal. Are you pretty tall? I'd have trouble reaching the drums with the pedal there.
    Pearl Vision VX - Red Wine w/ Black Hardware
    Kick: 22x18 - Stock Skins
    Toms: 8x7, 10x8, 12x9, 16x16 - Stock Skins
    Snare: 14x5.5 SensiTone - Stock Skins

Cymbals:
    Paiste PST5 14" Medium Hats
    Paiste PST5 16" Medium Crash
    Paiste PST5 20" Medium Ride

Hardware:
    DW5000 HiHat Stand
    PDP E400 Bass Pedal
    PDP 700 Boom Stand
    Random no-name Single Brace Cymbal Stand
    Pearl Heavy Duty Snare Stand

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drnez View Post
    NIce lookin e-kit! Thats an interesting placement for your bass drum pedal. Are you pretty tall? I'd have trouble reaching the drums with the pedal there.
    Thanks man! No I'm short. 5' 9" tall. The phone camera lens creates an optical trickery. The spaces between the drums are closer together than pictured.

User Info Menu

Few more:

User Info Menu

Hey Late were you been buddy?

User Info Menu

Laaaaaate, we miss you. Come back.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Cool that you've been able to put together an e-kit that brings a whole new dimension to your drumming late8. And yes, you are missed around here!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

awesome late 8 man glad to see you back please tell me you still have the other kits still also =]
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

Good to hear from ya ! E drums a great !! I love being able to put the phones on at anytime and drift away !! Check out the toontracks site... killer stuff there !!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p88Rh3C_rQ"]YouTube- Doobie Brothers- Give me the beat boys[/ame]
    Last edited by 2slow; 05-18-2010 at 06:41 PM.
    E Drums !! !

There are no loud instruments just loud players !

Protect Your Hearing !!!!

User Info Menu

Great to have you back late,nice rack!Cant wait to chat in the shoutbox:P
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Spot #68

In Soviet Russia,sticks break you!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Redneck View Post
    Hey Late were you been buddy?
    Sorry NR been really busy at work...The state of Cali is 20 billion in the hole....lots of work at the state house....soon the budget will be due...then the bickering will continue.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Laaaaaate, we miss you. Come back.
    Hey Russ, my new laptop and wireless internet connection should be up soon. This 52k dial up is too frustrating to deal with. I was able to sneak a few minutes @ work....I'll be back as soon as my new laptop has the SIM card arrives from ATT.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    Cool that you've been able to put together an e-kit that brings a whole new dimension to your drumming late8. And yes, you are missed around here!
    Hey PB! Man it's been too long of a dry spell. Work is just crazy and my 52k modem @ home is just not able to handle the pics or any video for that matter. Haven't forgotten DC, just can't deal with the wait for uploads and I'm tired of waiting on the "hourglass" to stop spinning.

I hope to join all of you with DSL soon lol....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shabutie2113 View Post
    awesome late 8 man glad to see you back please tell me you still have the other kits still also =]
    Hey Shab.... yup....still have all of the acoustic kits. I owe you and others a video of me playing but it has to be up to par with other videos (like yours) that have been posted in DC. I'll be back soon, waiting for my wireless hardware from ATT to show up. Hopefully I can get a decent software application for movie making and maybe an affordable audio editing program as well (if there is a such thing).

It's been a long ordeal waiting for my laptop to show up. Dell15 laptop was delayed for nearly 3 weeks before it was shipped, it just arrived last week. Now it's a waiting game for my wireless hardware to show up then registar etc., etc.,

I'll be back soon.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow View Post
    Good to hear from ya ! E drums a geat !! I love being able to put the phones on at anytime and drift away !! Check out the toontracks site... killer stuff there !!

YouTube- Doobie Brothers- Give me the beat boys
    Thanks for the tip 2slow...that's why I love this place!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DaSoul View Post
    Great to have you back late,nice rack!Cant wait to chat in the shoutbox:P
    Hey Erik....I'm so excited about the orginal tunes that the e-kit has allowed me to make with my buddie. I hope to have a mixed version to send to your email addy in Estonia....can't wait for my broadband wireless hardware to show up! Look for an audio file soon in your email server. My ATT antenna should be here in my hands sometime this week!
    Last edited by late8; 04-26-2010 at 04:33 PM.

User Info Menu

im looking forward to the vid man and thanks
    PEARL MASTERS MCX in Bronze Glass
    24x18
    16x16
    13x9
    Camilo:''your guitarrist is awesome',Xweasel: ''yeah he's asian''

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by shabutie2113 View Post
    im looking forward to the vid man and thanks
    In the process of upgrading my video camera. Meanwhile, this is the best I could do.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkfoShuvKaA"]YouTube- late8 on YamahaDTxpressIII.wmv[/ame]

User Info Menu

fantastic,, beautiful, very nice ... what a set up you have ....have you gigged with the e-kit? very nice set up bud .
    Tamaholic

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by atomcorr2 View Post
    fantastic,, beautiful, very nice ... what a set up you have ....have you gigged with the e-kit? very nice set up bud .
    Thanks atomcorr2! I have the Yamaha DTXpressIII module and the IV series pads. No, I haven't gigged with them yet but I look forward to a future venue where the ekit may be used!