Thread: Ion ied05

User Info Menu

Default Ion ied05

Hey guys, I know these are cheap and probably crap compared to the kits you guys are using.
    But what I'd like to know is, could I use one of these ion kits to lay down a basic, half decent sounding drum track for the rock and metal songs I've recorded myself?

I've never played drums other than a quick blast when jamming with bands I've been in, so I'd be using it to learn on as well.

I'm not interested in how it stacks up against more expensive kits, only if it can be used to record a basic drum track, and if it would be a worthwhile learning tool should I ever get the money for a better kit together (assuming I have a natural talent for it and don't play like crap!).

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ion ied05

If you get the right software for it,then yes.

Check out software like EZDrummer,Addictive Drums,Superior Drummer,BFG 2.0 etc.

They may not be cheap ,but they all sound fantastic and have a wide range of options.
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Spot #68

In Soviet Russia,sticks break you!

User Info Menu

Thanks for replying man.

I just ordered one of these kits off ebay, so I'm hoping to get into it and at least be able to record some basic drum beats pretty soon. I have a HUGE respect for drummers, so I know it'll take a LOT of time if I ever want to get good a this, but I hope I can at the very least lay down a basic drum track to my songs using this "kit".

User Info Menu

Well I got them, and have already used them to record drum tracks for an old song I needed drums on for a couple of months, and a new Def Leppardish song I wrote on Friday night.

No my drumming is godawful, having only spent about an hour learning, but I can hold a basic beat to some extent, and hit the cymbals where required so I'm really pleased with these!

I always knew it was hard to play drums, but actually trying to do it properly just gives me even more respect for you guys who do it so effortlessly and make it sound awesome.
    I don't expect I'll ever be a great drummer, since I like playing guitar too much, but at least now I can complete all my own songs.