Thread: Help appraising a Mapex V Series Set

User Info Menu

Default Help appraising a Mapex V Series Set

I've recently "inherited" a drum set that I'm looking to sell in my neighborhood, but have no idea what price to ask for it.

The set is a used Mapex V Series and it includes the basic 5 pieces: bass drum, snare, two toms and a floor tom. It came with two Solar by Sabian cymbals: a hi-hat and a 20 inch ride cymbal.

It also has cymbal updgrades: a Zildjian "A New Beat Hi-Hat" (13 in) and a 16 in Sabian cymbal (this Sabian cymbal was bought at $70 used a few years back I believe).

What would be an appropriate price for this set? I was thinking in the $315-375 range but that could be entirely wrong.

Help!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help appraising a Mapex V Series Set

why not just play it?

User Info Menu

Hmm...depending on condition...the New Beats alone are worth at least $100....not sure about the other cymbals.

I bought a Mapex QR series (entry level similar to V series) brand new at a discount for $350...shells and hardware only.

If the kit you have is in good shape I wouldn't hesitate to ask a bit more since it comes with all the cymbals as well.

But then again if it's all profit to you anyway, you might be setting up an aspiring child with a sweet deal on a very good kit.

User Info Menu

how much for the bass? maybe a couple cymbals?
    MAPEX MAFIA