Thread: Slipknot's drummer Joey Jordison

User Info Menu

Default Slipknot's drummer Joey Jordison

I'm sure most of you have seen this but I just saw it today........ This guy is great. I'm not a fan of the band but I think he's a great drummer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPldsOv5HX4

User Info Menu

definately one of the finest athletes, but his skill can be questioned at times. without the double bass he'd be pretty pointless
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

I still have a lot to learn about drumming..........

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    I still have a lot to learn about drumming..........
    Why? You've found a drummer whose style you like or who's work you admire, that's half the trick, now all you have to do is borrow some of the things he does and incorporate it into your own style, then you move on to the next one.

I might not be the biggest SlipKnot fan, or know too much about them but one thing I'll give their drummer is that he's getting paid a lot more than me to play the drums - I'm sitting here reading about it, so he must be doing something right.
    Serve The Song, Not The Ego - NEP

User Info Menu

he isn't a BAD drummer by any means. if he had been around in the 80's when that kind of drumming was first taking shape i prolly would have liked him a little more. he IS a great showman with skill, i just dont think he brings much originallity to his playing in slipknot. i would not say he is pointless without double bass tho. he def has some sticking chops with 4 years of drum corps under his belt.

User Info Menu

Yeah, and Buddy Rich did the flying drumset thing 45 years ago, and Tommy Lee did it 20 years ago. Solid drummer, but time for something new, I feel.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

i'd shat myself doing that :p
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Lmao!

User Info Menu

Cool visual. Drum_chick, its all good. First tim I've seen him. There are things there most of us can't do. I'd love to have better feet. But I saw 2 local kids at a christian hardcore show last weekend that could hang with JJ. Made me feel very old and not very good. We ALL have a lot to learn about what we do.

User Info Menu

but you have to admit it is a better solo than tommy lee's. when i saw the girls girls girls tour tommy hit a rim about every 4 strokes.

User Info Menu

Joey's a great drummer but IMO he doesn't hold a candle to one of the original O.G.' s Dave Lombardo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFa9AYKCOfw

PLEASE PLAY RESPONSIBLY.... DON'T DRINK AND DRUM!!

My Kit: Vintage Ludwig Classic Maple 26 kick 14, 16, 18 toms, Paiste 2002 Cymbals, Paiste Giant Beat 15" Hats