Thread: Ludwig Fab 4 kits: your opinions please

User Info Menu

Question Ludwig Fab 4 kits: your opinions please

My local drum shop has 2 4 piece shell packs of the Ludwig Fab 4 sets marked down to $489 new, about 50% off. I really like the look of this classic Ringo type kit. I already have good cymbals, throne, pedal. I would need some cymbal stands because I would sell the Premier HW that came with my Premier kit. Does anyone on this forum have one of these kits? If so what do you think about it. I'm playing in a band that is playing classic 60's R&R, R&B, and blues. The look of this kit fits right in. Thanks, Spiney-Dave

User Info Menu

Default Re: Ludwig Fab 4 kits: your opinions please

Welcome to Drum Chat spiney! Are you talking about the Accent version of the kit?
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Welcome Spiney!

User Info Menu

Welcome to the board spiney, I do like the Ludwig line of drums just not too crazy for the Acsents line of drums.

They are an entry level set.........but they are still Ludwig and made pretty descent. The set you are looking at might be an intermediate set.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

I will have to say I don't know. But I'll try to call the shop tomorrow and ask them if it is that level kit. They were marked at some ridiculous high list, then their price was about $11-1200 and the are marked on clearance for $489 Shell Pack only. As I scout the Web they seem to be going for well over a Thousand if it is comparing Apples to Apples. They have them in Silver Sparkle and White Pearl. Unfortunately not the Grey Oyster Ringo color. For me quality wise it may be a lateral move or a move up I'm not sure. I bought my current kit used, actually I traded an electronic kit for it. In return I got a 5 piece Premier or England kit. I don't know the age or line. It came with All premier pieces including the hardware, except for a Pearl Std snare and a Pearl Piccolo snare. Unfortunately there are no identifying marks on it other than badges that say Premier England, Thanks for the replies so far, I'll dig for more information. Also maybe if I post pics of my Premier kit someone can ID it. I'd be selling it to by the Ludwigs. Spiney

User Info Menu

Hi, a friend of mine is very interested in this same kit you are talking about. So far from what I can tell, the finish is
    Black Oyster Pearl.
    And if you mean the "Liverpool 4" kit, well I found it was a 3-ply maple /poplar/maple construction. very true to the original.
    Sounds great. But check to see if it has the "Keystone" style badge.
    Good luck.