Thread: Practice Pads

User Info Menu

Default Practice Pads

At Sam Ash yesterday, and, on a whim, I bought one of those electronic practice pads.

I read the short booklet. And tried to do some of the exercises. So, now I feel like even more of a drumoron than before.

Keep it and vow to get better, or take it back?

On a better note, someone pawned an electronic drum set at my shop today. I HAD to play with it a little, to make sure it worked.

THAT was fun! So many variations. Had fun at work. That is cool!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Practice Pads

you would be suprised how much better you can get by just playing "warm-up patterns" for ten minutes a day can make you. parididdles, flam a diddles and doubles do the fingers good.

User Info Menu

• Bought 10" Remo practice pad and cymbal stand to mount it on off E-bay - $20.00
    • Downloaded rudiment studies off of Drumtips from this very sight - Free
    • Enjoying many hours of practice without really bothering anybody - Priceless

User Info Menu

dedicate yoself...lol it'll get better with time and practice, as everyone here will agree

User Info Menu

I use my old Guitar Hero drumset as a practice pad so I don't feel like I completely wasted my money on that piece of garbage franchise.

Die Activision...just DIE! May you rest buried beneath a huge pile of "Call of Duty" disks and "Guitar Hero" peripherals.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Timactionfigures View Post
    I use my old Guitar Hero drumset as a practice pad so I don't feel like I completely wasted my money on that piece of garbage franchise.

Die Activision...just DIE! May you rest buried beneath a huge pile of "Call of Duty" disks and "Guitar Hero" peripherals.
    This is only acceptable if someone else gets the rights to MechWarrior.

User Info Menu

Rock band is actually why I decided to try drumming

And I actually have learned some things from it.

The practice pad is too smart for me. Well, I just need patience I guess.