Thread: me metal band

User Info Menu

Default me metal band

hey guys im a 2 year drummer. here is a video of my band (Endtimes) playing one of our songs called "Wash It Down With Whiskey." I will gladly accept constructive criticism on my playing. Tell me what you think!

here is our band myspace page if any of you want to add us or hear more of our songs. the recording quality isnt too good but enjoy!

http://www.myspace.com/endtimesmusic225

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5GEnaQAbU"]YouTube- khaos in the kitchen[/ame]

User Info Menu

Default Re: me metal band

good drumming listened to your demos you need a bass player im not sure if your guitar player is any good hard to tell with only 3 songs he seems decent but really hard to tell keep up the good work

User Info Menu

thanks goshenmos, we have a rythm guitarist that compliments the lead guitarist really well but he wasnt playing in that vid. and we used to have a bassist but he couldnt play anymore so were looking for a new one. i think my guitarist is awesome. the video makes the guitar sound nasty. ill post up some recording once we use some better equipment! show some love for metal guys!

User Info Menu

Awesome vid, man! Just one question: why are your drums in the kitchen? lol
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

The music's good.

User Info Menu

HAHA looks like you guys were having a blast, your drumming's impressive for someone who's been playing for two years also. Good stuff man, keep up the good work.

User Info Menu

thanks for the compliments guys! im so self conscious about my drumming being that im still kind of a beginner but you guys give me motivation. NoiseInMotion that video was taken at my friends trailer (the headbanging guy with blonde hair), he calls himself our band manager lol. we really play wherever we can setup and the kitchen was the only room with enough space for a drumkit. i cant tell you how many people tripped over my cymbal stand lol

User Info Menu

lol nice
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseInMotion View Post
    Awesome vid, man! Just one question: why are your drums in the kitchen? lol
    lol this is threw up for a sexist joke

hehehe so i'm gunna be in before it and stop it in its tracks
    | Yamaha Stage Custom | Sabian AAX | Dream |

User Info Menu

u have a good clock bro, keep it up
    Last edited by drmn4life; 05-14-2010 at 08:48 PM. Reason: fixd :D
    12x5 Pork Pie Lil Squeeler Snare
    Ddrum Reflex
    22x20 kick
    10x7 rack tom
    12x8 rack tom
    16x14 floor tom

14" Sabian B8 Hi Hats
    17" Alpha Metal Crash
    19" Alpha Metal Crash
    20" B8 Ride

Pearl Powershifter Eliminator Double Pedal w/red offset cam

www.facebook.com/thebattleofmidway

User Info Menu

Nice chops! I liked the the head banging going on. Kinda sounds like the stuff i'm doing now with my buddy. Keep it up! Thanks for sharing the video. I'd rather play in the kitchen if I had the choice of location. Closer to the frig.

User Info Menu

sounds like fun man, you are much farther ahead of me for about the same amount of time. makes me wish i had more time to devote to practice.
    the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Mapex Pro M Rock, w/ medium A customs, Mastersounds hats, Aquarian Super Kick II, Remo Pinstripes, gilded w/IRON COBRA double pedal

Private in PHROGGES AQUARIAN ARMY

User Info Menu

sounds great man! you are really impressive for only two years! i see only good things in the future my brother!

-mike

User Info Menu

Dude i love the main riff. Sweet enough footwork from what i could tell. Stay metal.
    I like heaveh mehtal.

User Info Menu

To be honest with you the music isn't really my cup of tea.
    But that's a matter of personal taste of course.

I just hope I'll be able to achieve that level of playing after 2 years (that's 1 year to go).
    Your drumming is very impressive for someone who's been drumming 2 years
    Erik

User Info Menu

AWESOME, i dont see any flaws in your playing to be honest. And you guys sound awesome. But yeah you should record this with the full band
    Paiste Alpha 14'' Sound Edge hats
    Paiste Alpha 16'' Medium Crash
    Sabian XS20 14'' Medium-Thin Crash
    Wuhan 16'' China

drummer: Being young is good ... as long as you're also wise
    Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Then you can use napkins to wipe your hands instead of taping them to your heads.

User Info Menu

Nice! Add my band on myspace. Were the same musically lol. www.myspace.com/setthesails0
    A set of Exports and paiste's
    Add My Band! www.myspace.com/setthesails0

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Nice chops! I liked the the head banging going on. Kinda sounds like the stuff i'm doing now with my buddy. Keep it up! Thanks for sharing the video. I'd rather play in the kitchen if I had the choice of location. Closer to the frig.

closer to the beer

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

KITCHEN JAM!!
    "I consider every drummer that ever played before me an influence, in every way." (Buddy Rich)

"How do you keep 90 people together with one stick? I've got two sticks and i can't keep 5 people together." (Ian Paice)

User Info Menu

kitchen is the best room in a house .. when Im moving I look at the kitchen first if it doesnt hold up I dont even bother to look at anything else

not my music but you sounded solid. great internal clock solid control. very nice.
    We Have nothing to fear but Reefs and Pirates

I tried taking life seriously, didn't much like it so now what I take seriously is living

User Info Menu

Well played! Make sure you dont let your singer go hes good
    Currently: Black Pearl Export Signature 8-Piece
    22" Bass Drum x2
    10" Rack Tom
    12" Rack Tom
    13" Rack Tom
    14" Floor Tom
    16" Floor Tom
    13" Sig Snare

Paiste Cymbals
    Alpha 14" Hats
    Alpha 17" Rock Crash
    Alpha 19" Rock Crash
    Alpha 20" Metal Ride
    Alpha 18" China

Zildjian 22" Amir Medium Impulse Ride (1980s)

Cajon
    Meinl Makah Burl

User Info Menu

u guys really play cool music , first listening shows the music to be too acoustic , will listen it again ,

way to go bro

User Info Menu

I personally do not listen to this kind of metal, but i listen to it once in a blue moon because i dont know what to listen to, and can i say, you guys are amazing. My band also doesnt have a bassist but we're nowhere near what you guys got. Your guitarist is VERY good. Creative work. Now i couldnt hear what your singer was saying because of the drums and guitar, and youtube's crappy quality so i dont have anything to say about him. To tell the truth i really only watched 3/4 of the vid, but i noticed a lack of china. Add more china. But anyway, good vid, good band, great drumming man. Keep it up guys.

-jordison
    So itchie, how did the kick sound?
    Quote Originally Posted by itchie
    like godzilla humping a mountain
    Quote Originally Posted by CycleDude View Post
    You, my friend, owe me a keyboard... I just spit coffee all over mine...
    Get counted! http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Check it.
    http://www.reverbnation.com/allihave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    HAHA looks like you guys were having a blast, your drumming's impressive for someone who's been playing for two years also. Good stuff man, keep up the good work.
    My thoughts exactly :| That was REALLY good for two years! And I LOVE the music, I kinda wish I could buy it!