Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Most Of You?

User Info Menu

Default Do Most Of You?

Do most of you play drums for fun or do you actually want to play in a band or start a band?

Me, I'd like to eventually play in a band (Metallica would be nice) LOL

User Info Menu

I play for both, I love to play drums, I love making and writing music, and YES metallica would be awesome, I am better than lars, lol

User Info Menu

ddrumbum, you put Lars to shame!!!!! LOL

User Info Menu

You are so kind, but FOS, lol

User Info Menu

Lmao!!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Well, I play for the love of drumming, but I seriously couldn't tell you all of the bands I have been in (including a Metallica tribute band for 5 years, hehehe).....playing out is my thing....I LOVE being up on a big stage, in front of a crowd, nothing like it in the world. Oh, and the $$$ is really good sometimes, too.

(and by the way....Lars ins't that great, in my opinion....he's very creative, but live, his meter is horrible)
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

I agree, when I saw him(lars)live I was very disappointed, infact he really sucks now, and he looks like he is in pain when he plays, but they(metallica)were the hardest working metal band out there, 3 straight years of constant touring on several different occasions will do anybody in, so I guess I'll give him some credit.

But I am still better than he is, lol
    Last edited by Pdplayer; 03-23-2007 at 03:00 PM.

User Info Menu

LOL, you're right, he does look like he's in pain when he plays. I've seen Metallica twice in concert but I was too far away so I couldn't see him that well......

ddrumbum, I guess you're just going to have to take his place!

User Info Menu

How difficult is it to play Metallica songs anyway, just curious?

User Info Menu

Not hard.

User Info Menu

Do you play from sound or do you use sheet music?

User Info Menu

well now, i'm just playing for fun and practicing, I would like to be in a band someday when i get a lot better, its not a big priority right now.

User Info Menu

I saw Metallica for the first time in 1986, on the Master of Puppets tour, 6 months before Cliff Burton died....Lars wasn't all that great then, either, but the band as a whole, a TON of energy in their shows.

Chick.....the thing with Lars is, if you're gonna copy him, you have to get the feel of his style.....when I was in that band, I didn't play everything exactly like the record, but I played it in Lars' style, so it still kinda sounded like him (only with MUCH better meter and timing, lol).
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

I started out playing drums for fun, but I'm hoping to turn it into my career. I can't see myself working an ordinary day job, and I love my drums. I can't get enough of playing them.

I hope my band goes a long way.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Cool Do Most of You?

Like most of us DrumChat members, I started playing for fun, but I've sat in with a few bands...

just a matter of being a little more serious about looking for gigs, but that is subject to change...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

drumming is honestly my biggest passion, everybody i've played with can't find the heart to respect that because of course guitarists are glory hogs
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

When I go to a concert I only watch the drummer, never the guitarist :-)

User Info Menu

I started playing with a band when I first started, after a few weeks of learning different beats and such, Dale came over and brought his guitar, and the rest will be history!
    Last edited by Candlelight Chaos; 03-29-2007 at 07:52 AM.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

i must admit, it is alot more fun to play with along with other instruments rather than being by yourself

User Info Menu

I want to make a living out of drums. We are all slaves with no freedom and no way of escaping. i NEVER wanna take a dayjob.

User Info Menu

if i had a choice of actually having a dayjob, it would be to give lessons. but still it would involve drums

User Info Menu

Yea, day jobs suck..... I'm an Accountant and it's BORING!!! But it's good money LOL

User Info Menu

I would like to teach drums, but I don't feel I am good enough, so I am a stay at home daddy instead, and I love it.

User Info Menu

accountant... whew that sucks. i couldnt work with math if i made a million dollars an hour

User Info Menu

Nice ddrumbum, stay at home daddy! Go you!

32nd, yes the numbers are killing my brain cells, I'm not an Accountant by choice, I kind of "fell into it" after I got out of the military...... (Long story) LOL