Thread: Here's a good one.

User Info Menu

Default Here's a good one.

I purchased a set of Ahead 5B drumsticks, and only after about a month of playing, and I don't play hard, I was playing and crack my stick broke right in half, man I couldn't believe it, in fact I have it on video.

So I went to my local store were I purchased them, and they gave me a brand new set, no charge, no question, how cool is that.
    They also said they have never heard of them breaking in that short of time, I thought that was weird.

Anybody else had this problem?

User Info Menu

Speaking of sticks, which one's are the best IYHO?

User Info Menu

I honestly love the feel of ahead sticks, I used to swear by wood sticks(pro-mark to be exact)but tried these and never looked back, and obviously there warrently speaks for itself.

For my money AHEAD all the way.

User Info Menu

That's all I needed to hear, I'm thinking of getting the Ahead Lars Ulrich Aluminuim Drumsticks........

User Info Menu

They are awesome, I have a pair of those as well, one thing with Ahead stick, make sure you get the ahead grip tape, you will love it.

User Info Menu

Thanks! I had no idea there was such a thing as "grip tape"..... I'm a real NUBBIE LOL

User Info Menu

I had the exact same problem....I tried the Ahead sticks, too (I think I posted this in another thread somewhere)....I kept breaking the aluminum shaft in the center of the stick....when I hit my snare, I like to get the rim a bit too, gives it a nice, sharp CRACK......well, at my size and power, after breaking the 4th stick in 2 months, I switched back to wood.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Wow

User Info Menu

I've used Ahead 5As as well, except when I tore through the covers in less than a month and went to take them back, the store owners wouldn't give me a new set of covers for free.

No, they said it was my technique and how hard I hit that was the problem. To be honest, I'm pretty sure it doesn't say any of that on the packet.

In regards to Ahead sticks, I didn't quite like the feel. The plastic gives a god awful rimshot and the cymbals sound like you're hitting them with condoms over your sticks.

So I'm back to wood again as well.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

I just got done playing with my old pair of Pro-mark 7A's made of oak, I used them in my old church, and man I must say they felt real nice, I still like my Aheads, but there is something about wood sticks, they just feel great, I am just going to use both, and be really happy, lol.