Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Number Of Posts In Relation To Overall Credability

User Info Menu

Default Number Of Posts In Relation To Overall Credability

I was thinking about your ranking in your relation to your posts, and it came across to me that, a lot of people (in some cases) are respected a great deal more because of their post count. Would it not make more sense for your respect to increase in and around the forum by the number of intellegent and helpfull posts you as a member have put forth? Because a lot of new members (in some cases) have a great deal of intellegent, helpfull things to say, yet, its possible that their opinions are not taken quite as seriously as those with a 'Senior' ranking. I guess what I am trying to say is that members in the forum might be better off choosing who they want to trust based how accurate their previous comments were, not based on if they are a 'Senior Member' or a 'Member'.
    Just a suggestion.
    DRUM NAKED!

I Tried To Think Of Something Insightful, But This Is All That Came To Mind...

-PerpetualFrog

User Info Menu

Another wise member has joined Drum Chat. - Cool!

User Info Menu

Personally, I don't look at the ranking, I've read quite a few posts since becoming a member (5 days ago) and I rank based on how helpful the person's comments were to me......... The rankings shouldn't mean diddly-squat, I'm almost a Senior Member and I don't know doo doo, I just ask a lot of questions LOL

User Info Menu

you state a good point PF. i think your wise, pay no attention to your forum ranking and all shall be well.

may peace be with you my friend

p.s
    IM A SENIOR lmao
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Yeah, I've always though that as well PF. Just because you have a lot of posts, doesn't necessarily mean you're opinion is going to matter any more than someone who has just signed up. I mean, we were all junior members once.

In relation to people who I take advice from on this forum, I've always taken it from the people who have formed an intelligent response to my query and those people who have offered me the most helpful advice in the past. I look up to people on this forum, and this is in no order, like drummer, Roaddebris, Bongobro, Jobby, Funkymcstain and BigTallG.

To me, they've always been the first to be willing to help anyone who needs assistance or guidance and generally be good natured about it, and have a laugh while they're doing it.

It's really not the post count that matters, or your "ranking". After all, it isn't really hard to become a senior member. 100 posts is a pretty small figure in the scheme of things. I think the people that you come to respect around here work themselves out, rather than you picking who you listen to.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

PF and HB, you guys both make some excellent points. I've been on here for a while now and have seen some people come and go. Post count does'nt mean anything (although it does show who has too much time on their hands ). I have never claimed to be an expert, nor will I ever. I share the same opinions as a lot of drummers on here (especially BB. I think we were seperated at birth) and I also don't agree with some of the people on here. It's not for me or anyone else to say who is right or wrong. Form your own opinions off of everybodys input and you will get the best out of it. And more importantly, make some new friends!

I'm more than happy to share my experiences with everybody, but having a high post count does'nt always make me right.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Cool Number in Posts in Relation to Overall Credibility

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum
    PF and HB, you guys both make some excellent points. I've been on here for a while now and have seen some people come and go. Post count does'nt mean anything (although it does show who has too much time on their hands ). I have never claimed to be an expert, nor will I ever. I share the same opinions as a lot of drummers on here (especially BB. I think we were seperated at birth) and I also don't agree with some of the people on here. It's not for me or anyone else to say who is right or wrong. Form your own opinions off of everybodys input and you will get the best out of it. And more importantly, make some new friends!

I'm more than happy to share my experiences with everybody, but having a high post count does'nt always make me right.
    First off, thanks for the props, HB and 1DB...(and as far as I'm concerned, 1DB, you are definitely my bro' even if we weren't separated at birth ). I don't consider myself a Giovanni Hidalgo or a Louis Bellson...and there's a whole lot more I've yet to learn...but I share what I know and I'm startled how often I've helped my brother and sister drummers.

Of course, you've given me some ideas to work on (finger rolls and note bending, to mention two)...and I admit I dig corrupt'n more than a few wishes! But if you post here just to rack up numbers, you've missed the whole point of DrumChat (amp and lezzle's recent fun and games notwithstanding). I know none of you in person, but we are indeed brothers and sisters since we love playin' drums...and we really do...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Ok, if you guys think I'm giving back my 1DrumBum signature pocket protecter that I got for passing 1k posts, you're crazy!

User Info Menu

Ya PF you are 100% correct. Posts mean absolutely nothing. Like for example RD is the highest poster I believe and he is one of the most insightful members on drumchat, AND HE DOESNT EVEN PLAY DRUMS!! Then you have me another top poster. I've only been playing drums for a year. I know some stuff, but I am in no way a genius when it comes to drumming, in fact i'm most likely one of the most low IQ drummers when it comes to this site. I just happen to have a lot of free time on my hands, and I've been a long time member.

Don't ever take my posts with more validity then anyone else's just because I have more posts, then others. But then again don't take anyones with less validity then anyones elses.

And in regards to that thing with me and Lez, I know it was kind of bad in stuff, I guess we just got a bit carried away, I mean we are both blonde teenagers lol. Hope you guys aren't too like peeved at that or anything. Won't happen again lol

Amp
    MY KIT: 5 Piece Westbury, Remo Ambassador Heads and Remo Muff'l Rings on all drums, Sabian AA 20" Metal-X Ride, Zildjian ZXT 16" Rock Crash, Pearl 14" Hats, Pearl 18" Crash Ride, Wuhan 12" China

Band Website:

The Torpedo Identity

http://www.myspace.com/thetorpedoidentity
    http://www.purevolume.com/blacksunn

User Info Menu

Valid reasons for considering all of Roaddebris' post ubervalid:

1)he's the best looking member of Drum Chat
    2)he's the most charming member of Drum Chat
    3)three out of four dentists surveyed recommend Roaddebris for their patients who chew gum.
    Last edited by Roaddebris; 03-25-2007 at 08:16 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddebris
    Ok, if you guys think I'm giving back my 1DrumBum signature pocket protecter that I got for passing 1k posts, you're crazy!

LOL!
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

I just want to make it perfectly clear that I'm all for being credited with superhuman credibility by virture of my high post count. That is to say, I'm totally against what Frog said, as long as being so is to my benefit! I do think the rest of you should have to earn your way, though.

User Info Menu

I just want to make it perfectly clear that I'm all for being credited with superhuman credibility by virture of my high post count. That is to say, I'm totally against what Frog said, as long as being so is to my benefit! I do think the rest of you should have to earn your way, though.
    Bass player with an ego

I think you might have to add a couple of strings to your instrument and start soloing RD

User Info Menu

Bass player?! Do I have a protruding forhead and knuckles that drag the ground? I play guitar.

Anyway, you are getting that I was josh'n, right?
    Last edited by Roaddebris; 03-26-2007 at 07:09 PM.

User Info Menu

Guitar? Why did I think you played bass?

Yeah, I know you're jokin'.

User Info Menu

Bass player?! Do I have a protruding forhead and knuckles that drag the ground? I play guitar.
    HAHAHA!!! That is one of the funniest things ever!
    Da' Bum
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

I have often wondered whether or not people take my posts seriously, but I guess until someone calls me out is when i will realize who takes me serious and who doesn't.

Really, if you think about it, Neil Peart, or Mike Portnoy, or Thomas Lang, could be among our ranks as we post. And the people who we think are noobs, are really uber Professionals and could totally blow us away.

Ever thought about that?
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Candlelight Chaos

Really, if you think about it, Neil Peart, or Mike Portnoy, or Thomas Lang, could be among our ranks as we post.
    Ever thought about that?
    Wouldn't it be funny if it was one of the moderators?

User Info Menu

You never know, I could really be Shelia E. in disguise LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 1DrumBum
    HAHAHA!!! That is one of the funniest things ever!
    Ha! You should see what I write about drummers on the bass forum. I have to say it like this, though: "Drummers not good. Me no like".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    Even funnier yet ...if you weren't this girl at all. You found her on the net, assumed her identity, and told everybody it's you. That would be a riot!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer
    Even funnier yet ...if you weren't this girl at all. You found her on the net, assumed her identity, and told everybody it's you. That would be a riot!
    That would have been very funny!

User Info Menu

Cool Number of Posts in Relation to Overall Credibility

Quote Originally Posted by amputechture
    ...I mean we are both blonde teenagers lol...

Amp
    Hey, amp! I used to resemble that remark!
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    Or Meg White from the White Stripes.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Candlelight Chaos
    Or Meg White from the White Stripes.
    Nah ... Drumchick is cuter and a better drummer than Meg.