Thread: Play and Throw Away Splash.

User Info Menu

Default Play and Throw Away Splash.

Tried out a few cheapies and found a $25.00 Agazarian 8" Splash. They had 2, I played both and chose the brighter sounding one. Man when you hit it good, you get that nice splash ring. Trashy too. Sounds pretty good and if it cracks on me, it won't make a hole in my wallet. Someone said these are made by Wuhan? Is that true? I'm pretty pleased with it. Thought I'd share.

-Ben

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yamaha DTXplorer.
    YAMAHA-VIC FIRTH-AGAZARIAN-SOUND PERCUSSION

User Info Menu

Default Re: Play and Throw Away Splash.

'Good find! I have a couple of Sabian B8 splashes, a 6" and 8", and I kind of feel the same way about them. They're relatively inexpensive, and they sound pretty darned good! I'm actually looking to buy this little 4" Paiste splash I saw on Amazon. It's about 25 bucks, and I figure what the hell- it'll probably be a cool little accent to throw into the mix.
    "I told people I was a drummer before I even had a set, I was a mental drummer."
    Keith Moon

User Info Menu

Yeah man. I could never understand why someone would pay up to and around $100.00 for a splash, unless the high end ones are that much more better sounding. Same goes with china's. Neil used to play Wuhan's before he designed his own line of cymbals. If you have the cash cool, but..... Dude, where did you get that poster, I want one. Did you make it?
    Custom Classic Pro Maple 6
    8",10",12",13" Mounted Toms
    (2)14",16" Floor Toms
    22" x 18" Kick
    6",8",10" Roto Toms
    14" x 6.5" Mapex Black Panther Snare
    13" x 3" Pearl Piccolo Snare
    Sabian: 13" Paragon Hats
    14" HH X Hats
    22" Paragon Ride
    (2) 16" Paragon Crashes
    20" Paragon Crash
    18" Paragon Crash
    20" Paragon Small Flange China
    19" Paragon China
    Wuhan:20"with gingles
    8",10" Splash
    Roc N Soc Lunar
    DW 8002B Pedals
    Tambourine
    Cowbell
    Sabian Squad

C C Militia

User Info Menu

Nice find there, bro. I just looked up a sound clip of it on youtube. Man, when you said trashy, you really meant it lol. Sounds more like a tiny china than a splash. But it definitely sounds like it'll make a great accent addition to your kit. Where did you get it? For $25, I might pick one up myself...
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

Wolvie: Google image. Printed. Went on my wall.

Noiseinmotion: Good ol' Guitar Center.
    Yamaha DTXplorer.

User Info Menu

Really? I don't remember ever seeing that brand in the store by me. Or even on the website for that matter. Maybe I missed something.

/edit:
    I found it on their website, but it says that it's either sold out or not being sold anymore :(
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

Yeah my website says that too. Check your local GC and see if they have them. Surprisingly they had at mine 2 8"'s (one of which i own now), a 10" and a 12" by Agazarian (Wuhan). I wanted the cheap of the cheap to start and since it was my first splash.

-Ben
    Yamaha DTXplorer.

User Info Menu

I just made the impulsive purchase of an Agazarian 8" splash after reading this thread. I liked the trashy sound of it in the store and thought, what the heck...why not? It's cheap enough that I don't feel so bad about the cymbal. The boom stand I bought was more expensive, but I needed to replace my ride stand anyway. Hopefully, I get a chance to swap things around tomorrow and mess around with the new cymbal.

User Info Menu

Haha I'm glad I could help you out Bennice. Do you like it? I'm loving mine, and mine was also an impulsive purchase. I tested, saw the price, and snagged it. I went back yesterday for some sticks, and the other 8" was gone at my GC. Was a steal indeed!
    Yamaha DTXplorer.

User Info Menu

So far I'm really digging it. Kinda thinking I should seek out a 12" while they're still floating around.