Thread: Options! What drum modules sample and can use other sounds???

User Info Menu

Default Options! What drum modules sample and can use other sounds???

I want to get into adding triggers to my live kit, but I'm afraid if I spent the coin on a good drum module I'll be stuck with sounds that are ok, but maybe I'll want to change up at some point. Is there a drum module that will let you load in samples from a dvd or will actually sample a sound? I really want to avoid having to hump around a laptop. I'm sick of the latency nightmares and I want to avoid that mess especially at gigs.

I just want to plug in the triggers, call up a kit I've designed and go!

swing

User Info Menu

Default Re: Options! What drum modules sample and can use other sounds???

The Pearl E-Pro kit has a feature that lets you replace all of the kits in memory with one great sounding kit,Rolands from the TD-6 on have VExpressions,which are kits made after some famous kits,and should sound pretty good and i believe(correct me if im wrong please)you can sample kits into higher end Yamaha modules.
    Hope this helps :P
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

Spot #68

In Soviet Russia,sticks break you!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Options! What drum modules sample and can use other sounds???

The DTXtreme/DTX900 series of modules from Yamaha allow you to sample kits/sounds/etc...and play these sounds....also OWD (ocean way drums), Sonic Reality and Yamaha (europe) have some free and purchased kits (quite large in MB size) that you can download to usb and then install/play on the module...I own a DTXtreme III module and I'm very happy with this module (previously owned a Roland module w/ VEX)...a comparable Roland module would be the TD-20...although it doesn't have sampling capability....it does have VEX which are tweaked sounds from within the module that are created by Vexpressions that you can purchase and then download the tweaked settings to your module...they do a pretty good job of tweaking kit sounds based on famous drummer kits...I don't feel like the Pearl/Alesis module compares to either of these modules...hope this helps