Thread: DW 8000 Double Pedal!

User Info Menu

Default DW 8000 Double Pedal!

So this is my review for this bouble pedal. It will be fairly short, as it is morely a word of warning, but if an in depth review is wanted, ask, and you shall get.
    So i bought this pedal around 2-3 months ago.
    The pedal out of the box very much felt like an upgrade to the DW 5000 ( i own the single)
    It has a longer footboard than the 5000, and the action is alot smoother ( i had to learn to get used to this, and didnt notice it at first, but relise now how much smoother). The agustability of the pedal is amazing aswell, i think anything you may want to do, you could.
    Anyways - the problem.
    Prior to buying i saw alot of reviews saying the springs were prone to breaking. These reviews were from a year or so ago, so i assumed the problem was resolved and went ahead and bought one. £400 out of pocket i owned my new pedal Up to date, and yesterday the spring broke, i have messaged where i bought it from, and they said they have had around 10 that they have sold had the same problem. DW are out of stock of the spring assembly's as are the shop, so i now have a 10 week wait to use my double pedal again.

Appologise for the book, but if in the uk i would warn you (i have been told postage times from the US would be alot faster)

User Info Menu

Default Re: DW 8000 Double Pedal!

That's too bad. Are they different springs than on the 5000?

User Info Menu

as far as i can see yes. they look abit flimsiers. The common problem is the bend where it conects to the height adjuster breaks. and it is a different sort of bend, than the others. dont know why they didnt just replace the spring units.

User Info Menu

When I broke my chain on my 5000s a while ago, it took 5 weeks to get a replacement...and I can drive to the DW factory in 2 hours!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xsabers View Post
    When I broke my chain on my 5000s a while ago, it took 5 weeks to get a replacement...and I can drive to the DW factory in 2 hours!
    I had to replace the rocker bearing on my DW7000 pedal and it took about 6 weeks to get it. DW makes good stuff, but their service could use some improvement.

User Info Menu

I guess I've been very fortunate, because I have had no problem with my DW 8002 pedal since I bought it over a year ago.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I guess I've been very fortunate, because I have had no problem with my DW 8002 pedal since I bought it over a year ago.
    i think you have been very lucky. The shop i bought it from mentioned to me on my first email to them that they have had alot of springs breaking on the pedals bought from them. I have now sent a very angry email to DW explaining how dissatisfied i am. I just feel i am lucky as i decided to keep my 5000. i was going to sell it and if i had i would of been fairly snookered as when it broke i had alot of auditions and gigs. And the 5000 i have had for around 2 years is going strong (my drum teacher has a 5000 double on the student kit and it is 5+ years old and the springs have never snapped) but the "upgrade" to that breaks in 3 months
    When it eventually gets fixed i think i am going to sell it and get something else.

User Info Menu

so in the post today i got a nice package from DW containing 2 spring units. Has taken around 2 weeks to come, and i guess the store i bought it from were gonna charge £20 a peice for these, dw sent it out for free. So quite happy, just got to get it fitted and play. still unsure if i might switch back to a 5000 though.

User Info Menu

Looks like things worked out for the better! I will not hesitate and call or write the manufacturer. Believe it or not, the manufacturer wants to hear what is wrong. This helps them address the problem and make a quality product. Another benefit, the company may send a replacement free of charge. I have experienced good results with Carvin and ART.