Thread: New Drums for my High School!

User Info Menu

Default New Drums for my High School!

So, word is, that my High School is going to replace all the drums on the line, pit percussion, and some of the low brass instruments. Estimated bill right now is $30,000. I'll let you know when we get word of what we're getting, but im sure they'l be nice. Hope i get to buy off a couple of the old stuff.
    Sabian Squad (Albeit Ironically )

Check out my Youtube Channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/AustVaiv?feature=mhee

User Info Menu

Default Re: New Drums for my High School!

Thats great man!! Consider yourself lucky that your school can afford it haha. I never played in jazz band but im sure that its gunna be awesome. You know your not gunna do anything the first couple days they come in but mess with em. Your teachers gunna need someone to get everything set up why not the kids! Hopefully, maybe your teacher isnt that cool lol.
    shooba dooba daba shooba doobadooba dabba

Current bands
    http://www.myspace.com/creativedifferencesmusic

http://www.myspace.com/yourumbrella

User Info Menu

DOOOOD!! Your old drums are gonna be useful still for practice at home, as ours are. But yeah, give us a heads up on what brand and type you're getting.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."

User Info Menu

$30k on new percussions wow. Public schools in Cali just laid off 15,000 teachers. Man you guys are really lucky! Schools in my district are hurting and cutting or dropping music programs and sports programs.

User Info Menu

Yeah, im pretty lucky. The old stuff is still pretty nice, so ill see if i can buy some of it. I'm still a drumline noob, but ill be sure to ask what brand.
    Sabian Squad (Albeit Ironically )

Check out my Youtube Channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/AustVaiv?feature=mhee

User Info Menu

Don't try to buy any of it. Borrow whatever you need for whatever amount of time you need or whatever your director or drumline instructor limits you to. Trust me on this one. I borrowed a set of pearl quints (we have yamaha now) for a few months and in the last week, cleaned them up all nice and new, brought them back, he didn't notice anything though. An added bonus is that I made quints for next year. We got the show music today
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC

User Info Menu

nice man! my schools in basically the same boat as yours. we have at on of boosters and stuff so hecka (if wee needed to) we could replace all the intruments in the band. crazy thing is 1/3 of my schools in band. and weve had the same teacher for 30 years and before that had a great one so our shcools been know for band for like 50 years now. its nice because we dont have to worry about band getting cut or anything. and its soooo nice to be able to go to our percussion instructor and the end od the year, and b e like "hey we need new crashes. lets go zildjoan K stadiiums." like seriously. this year were getting a new kit we are going from a ludwig (which i might get when we buy anew one, itd be nice to have 2 kits) to a catlina maple. and our cymbals are vintage A's that soudn amazing and we have K crashes and K continople orchestra cymbals.
    "it aint got no thing if it aint got that swing"

Yamaha Stage Custom Noveau
    10,12,14,20,14 (standard 2 up 1 down)
    Evans EC2 over Remo Ambassador Resos
    Evans Genera Dry over ambassador resos
    DW 5002 double bass pedal
    Sabian 14 inch AAX Xcelerator hats
    Sabian 14 inch HHX X-plosion crash
    Sabian 16 inch AAX studio crash
    Zildjian 17 inch Z custom crash
    Sabian 21 inch AA rock ride
    Zildjian 18 inch oriental china trash
    Agrazian 10 inch Splash

User Info Menu

We have the best cymbals in the area... but no manufacturer or type can be made out except one cymbal with "zildjian" on it.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ZildjianKid234 View Post
    So, word is, that my High School is going to replace all the drums on the line, pit percussion, and some of the low brass instruments. Estimated bill right now is $30,000. I'll let you know when we get word of what we're getting, but im sure they'l be nice. Hope i get to buy off a couple of the old stuff.
    Years ago when I played we had all Ludwig drums and I would still like to have one of the ones we used back then today because they sounded great.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

we have a piano black ludwig snare that is a ocmbination of a marhcing snarre and a concert snare... sounds sweet! id love to take it home lol! im lucky because my teacher trust me, she lets me borrow what iw ant. right now i have a steel snare and 16 florr tom at my place from the school.
    "it aint got no thing if it aint got that swing"

Yamaha Stage Custom Noveau
    10,12,14,20,14 (standard 2 up 1 down)
    Evans EC2 over Remo Ambassador Resos
    Evans Genera Dry over ambassador resos
    DW 5002 double bass pedal
    Sabian 14 inch AAX Xcelerator hats
    Sabian 14 inch HHX X-plosion crash
    Sabian 16 inch AAX studio crash
    Zildjian 17 inch Z custom crash
    Sabian 21 inch AA rock ride
    Zildjian 18 inch oriental china trash