Thread: Other Drum Forums?

User Info Menu

Default Other Drum Forums?

Do any of you "cheat" on drumchat.com with any other drum chat groups LOL

I was looking at tigerbill.com, that seems like a pretty good forum? Anyone been there?
    Last edited by drummer; 03-25-2007 at 09:13 PM.

User Info Menu

there are some others. but all the ones i find happen to be dead. that or they are all noob drummers.
    I AM SABIAN MAN!

Next Drum Purchase: Piccolo Snare
    Next Cymbal purchase: Splash cymbal and splash claw.

User Info Menu

Why would you eat hamburger when you can have a steak?

User Info Menu

I was checking out some other forums today.....one I saw had a separate section for DW players (actually, it had a separate section for players of just about any name kit on the market). But....."cheat"?? That's like saying you're cheating on McDonald's if you go to Burger King......six to one, half a dozen to the other.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Hahaha, i havent tried any other forums but i like this one, everyone is helpful and seem to post regularly, also its not cluttered with 6000 gagillion posts that are 6 months old. i hate that

User Info Menu

Drum Chick was obviously joking when she said "cheat". I would have said it the same way. LOL

There are many forums out there. We don't try to compete as much as we try to have a respectable forum. Our main focus here is to accentuate the positive. We demand decent behavior and respect for one another. I personally think this draws a better class of people to the forum and I think it helps to set an example for some of the kids that need better choices in their life.

User Info Menu

Yes, I was joking LOL

I agree drummer, this forum, by far has a far higher class of people; it's the best and most helpful as far as I'm concerened. I've enjoyed being a part of this crowd and I don't have to explain anything to any of you, you all pretty much know my drumming situation and experience by now. If I were to join another forum it's like making new friends and having to answer all the same questions again.......

User Info Menu

Cool Other drum forums?

You mean there are OTHER drum forums?

I'm sure there are...but goin' elsewhere would be like ask'n me to trade my congas for oatmeal boxes...I could play the ... ... out of the oatmeal boxes, but it wouldn't be the same...nuff said...
    keep the beat goin' ... Don't keep it to yourself!

Charlie

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." --Henry David Thoreau, "Walden," 1854

"There's a lot to be said for Time Honored tradition and value." --In memory of Frank "fiacovaz" Iacovazzi

"Maybe your drums can be beat, but you can't."--Jack Keck

User Info Menu

I don't think there are other drums forums. They would have visited us. THey would have given signs of their existence. But the universe is so big.... God may have created other forums somewhere else...

User Info Menu

Alaman's half right. While there technically could be other forums somewhere in cyberspace, due to the relatively slow speed of light, travel between those forums and our forums are severely inhibited.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

Nope, I never post on any other drum forums.
    I go to a piantball forum sometimes, and I'm a moderator of a locally-based gaming forum, but that's about it.

I.....just..........couldn't............do it.............must ........have............drumchat.............ugh <dies>
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

been on the pearl drummers forum for a couple years. it has gotten pretty infested with snotty little kids that think they know it all. i dont mind noobies and kids as long as they realize that they dont know everything. there are ALOT of helpful, knowledgable folks there, and the occasional pro from pearls roster. great customer service when it comes to pearl gear. there are over 32000 registed members.