Thread: Show Me Yours. I'll Show You Mine

User Info Menu

Default Show Me Yours. I'll Show You Mine

A friend of mine is looking to get in with another band.

I saw an advert that sounded perfect for him. But it said to reply to the email with links to video/audio clips.

OK, he does not really have any equipment for that kind of thing. All he has is a demo disk from the band he plays with now. And the lead vocalist is not good. Forgets words etc. So I don't think that would be the best impression to give out to someone you are interested in playing with.

How can we quickly and cheaply make an audio/video recording that we can upload?

I appreciate the help guys

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Me Yours. I'll Show You Mine

I would just use a video camera and make a video. I know the quality will stink, but if they're just wanting to see how well he can play it should be fine.

User Info Menu

Just be honest and tell them the way it is. I've seen a lot of ads like you describe but that doesn't preclude everyone has to start somewhere. Just tell them that you don't have what they are asking for yet you think you can give them what they are looking for and would like the chance to try. If telling the truth falls short of their expectations, why would you, or anyone want to get involved with them? I've also often found that many who ask for the moon from others up front are often legends in their own minds and what is being asked for compared to what is being offered in return ends with the limits of that legend.

User Info Menu

Most digital still cameras have a "movie" mode that shoot pretty good video. My Sony has one, I think it's a 7.2mp camera.

Otherwise you just tell them you have no video, and 'what do I do next'? If they really NEED a drummer, they will figure something out.
    myspace.com/reversegravitymusic
    myspace.com/manahumana
    myspace.com/musashi trio (no space between words... site thinks its an expletive.)
    myspace.com/yeahmanrocks
    myspace.com/tangfunksf
    myspace.com/thelatrellsband

User Info Menu

Well, my friend pretty much said the same thing about just telling them he does not have a video link.

In this day of computer everything, they might not be interested, but that would be their loss.

Years ago, people just called each other, met up and played together. I mean, you can of course say "this guy sucks" "or he sounds good" by checking out an audio/video link, but that can't tell you if the chemistry is there.

The band he plays with now has a myspace page, but it is very old, and the lead singer's work on it is kind of bad. So would not be a good idea to link that, IMO.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by chewgravel219 View Post
    Well, my friend pretty much said the same thing about just telling them he does not have a video link.

In this day of computer everything, they might not be interested, but that would be their loss.

Years ago, people just called each other, met up and played together. I mean, you can of course say "this guy sucks" "or he sounds good" by checking out an audio/video link, but that can't tell you if the chemistry is there.

The band he plays with now has a myspace page, but it is very old, and the lead singer's work on it is kind of bad. So would not be a good idea to link that, IMO.
    Just a method of weeding out those you know you dont want to jam with. ( saves time ).....any one you guys know that might have a digital recorder that you can use to make a You-Tube vid, thats the quickest / cheapest way.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

that title make me laught

this is what i say to my wife

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY