Thread: Using a Buttkicker with DW throne.

User Info Menu

Default Using a Buttkicker with DW throne.

Hey there, I'm looking to get some opinions. I've tried and am utterly sold on the Buttkicker amplification system, and I'm about ready to pull the trigger on buying my very own. The only thing is I've heard that the mounting bracket doesn't quite work on DW thrones ( I have the Airlift model). Can anyone out there let me know if they've had any experience with this specific combo (Buttkicker Concert model + DW Airlift throne)? Would be helpful to know before I plop down a few hundred dollars on one of the suckers. Thanks in advance!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Using a Buttkicker with DW throne.

Sorry I cant help 42 but now I am curious to read any replies back cause I dont know what the Buttkicker system is.....this will be a learnng experience for me.

Welcome to the board too.
    slot # 1

In support of l e i g h ' s campaign..............DC Record for Most Users Online
    BE COUNTED!
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.php/dc-record-most-users-12079p2.html

CHARTER MEMBER OF PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY

The Zildjian League
    Zildjian Vintage A Team

RIP Frank.............thanks for being part of my journey

User Info Menu

I've been thinking about using one of these, 'buttkicker" or "throne thumper" anyone using one since this threads inception? basically it's just a triggered pad on the kick, no?
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
    Sorry I cant help 42 but now I am curious to read any replies back cause I dont know what the Buttkicker system is.....this will be a learnng experience for me.

Welcome to the board too.
    It's just a low frequency transducer that bolts to the seat of your throne and creates sub-frequency vibrations that you can feel. They are driven by transducer-specific (mostly) amplifiers. If I remember correctly, they were first used in the military to reproduce the low frequency vibrations of ships, aircraft, etc. in simulators, then used in theme park venues, then moved to home theater seating, then on drummer's thrones, etc., etc. Especially helpful to drummers and bass players that use IEMs.

Search "buttkicker" and you'll see the various iterations.

GeeDeeEmm

User Info Menu

I've heard a lot about these. Pretty cool idea, but I couldn't really see myself using one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I'd LOVE to try before I buy

User Info Menu

Great for ekits...nice to "feel" the kick but haven't any idea if it's compatible with the DW Airlift.

User Info Menu

Good Grief! With all these exotic wood types and head combinations, shell depths and space age pedals etc...You aint "feeling" the Kick?!!

all the best...