Thread: So, more new things :)

User Info Menu

Default So, more new things :)

Hey Guys, well today I drove up to Wembley Drum Centre to try out a couple of sets of double pedals. There were some DW 5000s, some ICs and some Demon Drives that I didn't want to try out, cos they're waaaay out of my price range and I knew I'd want them so bad

The DWs seemed very smooth, but too light for my liking...I prefer a bit of weight under my feet. So I tried out some Iron Cobras...the Power Glides and the Rolling Glides. I tried the RG's first...wow! The perfect combination of smoothness and weight. Continuous bass work was effortless, and little licks had so much punch and fluidity in them! Then I tried out the Power Glides...I didn't like them as much. They felt too 'clumsy' for want of a better word, and IMO were nowhere near as smooth as the Rolling Glides.

Soooo, I went for the Rolling Glides They didn't have any in stock, so I've ordered them, and they should HOPEFULLY be with me by Wednesday (Bank Holiday permmiting).

AND in the process I got to play some goreous Sabian AAX's, and an absolutely amazing Spaun Custom Kit, in a black finish with a gold/orange stripe round the drums. WOW that thing was awesome, and the snare was so dynamic and responsive!! Looks like I might have to save up some more money
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

Default Re: So, more new things :)

It's alway fun to check out new gear. isn't it? Congrats on the new Rolling Glide!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Thanks PB, and yes it is! Can't wait til wednesday
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

congrats dude!!! i have the power glides but i have heard that the rolling glide is way better...is there any way i can change the cam??

User Info Menu

I honestly have no idea if you can or not...I spose if you're good at taking things apart and putting them back together exactly, then it shouldnt be tooooo difficult, but as I said, I really dont know lol

User Info Menu

ok thnx!