Thread: Rides in recordings

User Info Menu

Default Rides in recordings

I generally never hear rides in recordings, be it a studio song or a well recorded cover on youtube. If the cover isn't recorded with mics (like if the person just uses the mic on the camera), then it's easier to hear. But anytime a kit is miced, it's really hard to hear the ride if it can be heard at all. Why is this? Are they just not being mixed properly? Or is the ride supposed to be the ghost in the song?
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Rides in recordings

what kind of music do you generally listen to?

every time ive been in the studio i have never had a mic on my ride. ive had them on all the drums, 2 over head, and 2 radiant.

User Info Menu

if you got a mic on the ride and they mixed whith to low sound on the ride or only overhead mic and low sound on

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY

User Info Menu

I listen to alt rock, post hardcore, metalcore and other miscellaneous bits of rock. One of the only songs I really recognize a ride sound is on Can't Stop, Got A Date With Hate by Lostprophets. This is the video I was watching before I started this thread.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmO6Q68JZYY"]YouTube- The Rock Show (Blink 182) performed by Xavbarker[/ame]

Can't hear the ride at all.
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China

Click here!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseInMotion View Post
    I listen to alt rock, post hardcore, metalcore and other miscellaneous bits of rock. One of the only songs I really recognize a ride sound is on Can't Stop, Got A Date With Hate by Lostprophets. This is the video I was watching before I started this thread.

YouTube- The Rock Show (Blink 182) performed by Xavbarker

Can't hear the ride at all.
    I can hear the ride in that vid no problem.
    Matt

User Info Menu

I find it somewhat difficult to hear. Like I hear a faint noise, but that's really it.
    Cymbals

Click here!

User Info Menu

you can hear it, its just faint because its being picked up from the floor tom mic, and the over head