Thread: Axis double pedal split?

User Info Menu

Default Axis double pedal split?

Can anyone tell me if an Axis AL-2 double pedal would be able to be split into two singles?

^Looking at this picture I cant see why not, but does anyone know for sure?^

User Info Menu

Default Re: Axis double pedal split?

I don't know 100%, but looking at the picture, it looks like the beater holders are the little gold nut looking objects, and there appears to be one on the left, so I GUESS so
    Mapex Drums | Zildjian and Meinl Cymbals | Evans Drumheads | Pro Mark Drum Sticks

User Info Menu

Yeah I noticed that too, also theres a place for the tension spring on the left pedal, i'll do a bit of digging. I cant imagine them including components like that and it not being able to be split.

I want to get a double and split it for each base drum, then I dont have to buy an expansion kit when I need to use it as a double. I was originally going to buy two singles and an expansion kit you see but looked at the double pedal first thankfully!

Thanks for the help too btw
    Last edited by ToroZap; 06-02-2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: spelling error

User Info Menu

Yes you can. Remove the beater arm gizmo from the right pedal, put the beater on the left pedal along with the spring and remove the turnbuckle connecting arm. Basically remove all the accessories that come with the kit for making 2 pedals into a double. There's not much to the process.

User Info Menu

And on that note im saving for a double pedal :p

Thanks guys