Thread: Sampling: How To???

User Info Menu

Default Sampling: How To???

Ok, lets say my 4 pc band wanted to do some material that has Key's in it. (we dont have a keyboard player), so I wanted to sample the keyboard parts and be able to hit a pad to start and stop the sampled material. Possibly do the same with a guitar part or various sound effects.

What would be the best way to do this.

Roland SPD-S ??? I think this unit can do this, but is this the best / easiest way?

If I wanted to sample the keyboard part off a song, how do you eliminate the other insturment tracks to isolate the keys?

Can the Roland TD-7 type head units acchieve this also?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sampling: How To???

Hey Chad.

My band does this, but we have an actual Triton keyboard that has a sequencer. Our guitar player "writes/modifies" existing midi files and uses the keyboards sounds. I have in-ears and play to a click with the keyboard. It works out great and it is saving my hearing which is pretty bad from years of cymbals and loud monitor abuse! We are a three-piece band and get more gigs because we simply have a BIGGER sound and can play more varied tunage! Plus, one less guy to pay! No one has ever complained that there was no actual keyboard player, they just wanna dance and drink! It's all midi, so we could even run our light show with that same midi info, but we ain't that smart.

Your idea seems like it might be a hassle. Playing with a click will ensure that everything falls on the beat. I'm getting into edrums so I can get different drum sounds for several songs as well as trigger hand claps and whatever else, but not whole keyboard tracks.

swing
    www.lovehaters.com