Thread: 24" rides

User Info Menu

Default 24" rides

i want to get the paiste RUDE 24" ride, but will a 24" ride be really hard to place on a set?
    Pearl Vision VX jet black
    Aquarian heads (Focus-X, Performance IIs, Super Kick II)
    Pearl Free Floating Maple Snare
    Vic-Firth 5B
    Pearl Eliminators
    Roc N Soc throne

14" Paiste Signature sound edge hi-hats
    16" Paiste Signature full crash
    18" Paiste Signature full crash
    20" Zildjian K custom dark ride
    20" Paiste RUDE china

In bands: Frame of Mind, and Become The Catalyst

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Frame-...7982037?ref=ts

User Info Menu

Default Re: 24" rides

I could only see it being a problem if you play with your toms centered on the bass drum (like I do). The ride is already all the way to the side and adding 4" extra would put the bell pretty far away. I'd imagine that with offset toms you could still get it setup comfortably.
    ^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SEAN8293 View Post
    i want to get the paiste RUDE 24" ride, but will a 24" ride be really hard to place on a set?
    Look where you have your ride currently and measure at least 3 inches around the current ride and if you see anything like the rack or other pieces that will interfer with the free play of a 24" ride cymbal. The 24" Rude Eclispe Mega Ride I sometimes use is really heavy and I dedicate a short arm boom stand to keep the ride from bouncing up and down from the flex from the arm.

Look at this pic below SEAN8293 and you will see how much clearance you can expect you'll need to clear the 24" diameter. The red arrows indicate the swing area needed to keep the ride clear of hitting other pieces on the kit.

Here's an side shot of the ride. In this particular setup I tilted the ride at an extreme angle so I could keep my arm low as I could to keep it in a comfy position. If you happen to like a high ride height, you might have to tilt it down like this pic to get a decent angle to reach the bell.

If you like your toms off set as I do, here's a recent set up with my SBX kit. As you can see by the birdseye, I favor my ride to be as close to my right bass drum as possible. I'm 5'9" and I have a short reach so my toms are tilted down as far as possible and I've stuffed the 24" Rude around my 19" A zildjian crash.
    Last edited by late8; 06-04-2010 at 02:29 PM.

User Info Menu

Probably not. I have a 21" and I don't think I'd have any problems with an extra 3", and I'm not exactly a large person.

And no offense but...you've been saying you're "thinking about" getting that 24" Paiste RUDE for 8 or 9 months...have you played it at the store? If you like the sound of it, just get it! I mean really, there's only so much you can debate over a decision. If I'm sounding mean, I'm not trying to, just saying that you shouldn't overthink it so much.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yohin View Post
    And no offense but...you've been saying you're "thinking about" getting that 24" Paiste RUDE for 8 or 9 months...have you played it at the store? If you like the sound of it, just get it! I mean really, there's only so much you can debate over a decision. If I'm sounding mean, I'm not trying to, just saying that you shouldn't overthink it so much.
    I think we may be talking East Coaster vs. West Coaster here!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Probably not. I have a 21" and I don't think I'd have any problems with an extra 3", and I'm not exactly a large person.

lol iv played it at a store its the best ride iv ever heard, im savin up for it, i dont have a job, so itl take forever to get enough $
    Pearl Vision VX jet black
    Aquarian heads (Focus-X, Performance IIs, Super Kick II)
    Pearl Free Floating Maple Snare
    Vic-Firth 5B
    Pearl Eliminators
    Roc N Soc throne

14" Paiste Signature sound edge hi-hats
    16" Paiste Signature full crash
    18" Paiste Signature full crash
    20" Zildjian K custom dark ride
    20" Paiste RUDE china

In bands: Frame of Mind, and Become The Catalyst

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Frame-...7982037?ref=ts

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SEAN8293 View Post
    lol iv played it at a store its the best ride iv ever heard, im savin up for it, i dont have a job, so itl take forever to get enough $
    Oh ok...from this thread it seemed like you were still trying to decide whether to get it or not. My bad.
    Matt

User Info Menu

And no offense but...you've been saying you're "thinking about" getting that 24" Paiste RUDE for 8 or 9 months...have you played it at the store?
    LOL! Sometimes stuff just happens. I've been talking about HHX Evolution cymbals for months and every time I've got the cash something else pops up. Now I'm saving up to buy an e-kit because my new work hours make it impossible for me to play more than like 3 or 4 hours a week because someone is always home. I'm dieing! LOL! Those HHX Evolutions are so close, but so far away...
    ^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^

ThePloughman Guest

This is a 24" 2oo2 Ride, atop a Rogers 1966 20x14 BD on the original Swivomatic telescoping cymbal arm......

Really, a thing of beauty.

Not hard to place at all.

User Info Menu

Nice set up plough man