Thread: DTXPlorere Module - No Power

User Info Menu

Default DTXPlorere Module - No Power

I've got a Yamaha DTXPlorer electronic kit. Came home this past weekend, turned on the power switch... and no power. Tried a different outlet - no luck. Also checked the circuit breaker for the room but that's fine.

Anyone ever heave a problem with their dtxplorer trigger module not powering up?

User Info Menu

Default Re: DTXPlorere Module - No Power

Quote Originally Posted by Jack56 View Post
    I've got a Yamaha DTXPlorer electronic kit. Came home this past weekend, turned on the power switch... and no power. Tried a different outlet - no luck. Also checked the circuit breaker for the room but that's fine.

Anyone ever heave a problem with their dtxplorer trigger module not powering up?
    I have a used Yamaha DTxpressIII module not the DTxplorer but it sounds as though the power supply is shot. The power supply unit can fail anytime with no warning. Do you have a warranty? Is there a possibility to open up the module and with a voltage meter, check to see if the power input wire can pass voltage?

This is the specifc power supply adapter needed for the Yamaha DTXplorer:
    DC 12V/AC adaptor model PA-3C. Call your local music store and if they carry Yamaha kits, they can get you in contact with their Yamaha sales rep. and maybe order a new power supply adapter before throwing in the towel.
    Last edited by late8; 06-07-2010 at 11:52 AM.

User Info Menu

I called Yamaha and they said there's no warranty since I bought the set second-hand as opposed to from a dealer.

Not sure about the voltage meter option - I'll have to see if a buddy of mine has one.

Thanks for the info. regarding the power supply adapter. Hopefully that's the problem as opposed to a problem with the actual module.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack56 View Post
    I called Yamaha and they said there's no warranty since I bought the set second-hand as opposed to from a dealer.

Not sure about the voltage meter option - I'll have to see if a buddy of mine has one.

Thanks for the info. regarding the power supply adapter. Hopefully that's the problem as opposed to a problem with the actual module.
    You're Welcome Jack56. I'd shoot for a new AC adapter first if you don't have a volt meter to check continuity.