Thread: What do you use for covers?

User Info Menu

Default What do you use for covers?

Just wondering when you are recording covers for YouTube, what Video Software and audio software do you use? Thanks, just want to get into cover making and want to see what software you use, thankyou

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

User Info Menu

Default Re: What do you use for covers?

I record my videos with a Flip Ultra HD camera...the audio quality is amazing for being just a camera mic, and it's not that expensive. I take that video/audio from the camera and import into Sony Vegas, which is the video editor I use. Then I just drag in the original track of whatever song I was playing and line it up with the audio from the camera.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yohin View Post
    I record my videos with a Flip Ultra HD camera...the audio quality is amazing for being just a camera mic, and it's not that expensive. I take that video/audio from the camera and import into Sony Vegas, which is the video editor I use. Then I just drag in the original track of whatever song I was playing and line it up with the audio from the camera.
    Sweet :D Yeah I'm looking at getting Vegas!

Do you have any covers to show us I would love to hear what the Flip sounds like!

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." - Winston Churchill

User Info Menu

Hey Alex! Yohin's method is spot on but if you don't have to have an expensive camera to put together a drum video. I used my 6.1 mexpixel point and shoot camera for the video portion (internal flash card) and used audio of my drums mixed down on a 8 channel PA head and recorded to audio on a Edirol two track field recorder, then dumped the audio into Cakewalk for some trimming and compression and saved to WAV and imported the audio into Window Movie Maker and matched the video clip from the 6.1 camera that was also brought into Windows Movie Maker. Sony Vegas is much easier to use and I look forward to a future purchase but if you have any of the existing items I mentioned, you can start today.
    Pathway:

Results:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWaIC0JZi6k"]YouTube- late8's drum video cover of "Soul"[/ame]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Hey Alex! Yohin's method is spot on but if you don't have to have an expensive camera to put together a drum video. I used my 6.1 mexpixel point and shoot camera for the video portion (internal flash card) and used audio of my drums mixed down on a 8 channel PA head and recorded to audio on a Edirol two track field recorder, then dumped the audio into Cakewalk for some trimming and compression and saved to WAV and imported the audio into Window Movie Maker and matched the video clip from the 6.1 camera that was also brought into Windows Movie Maker. Sony Vegas is much easier to use and I look forward to a future purchase but if you have any of the existing items I mentioned, you can start today.
    Pathway:

Results:
    YouTube- late8's drum video cover of "Soul"
    Man! yo grooovin! hahahaha

Awesome dude! :D

What sunnies are they? They look like Rayban Wayfarers!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGoodwin View Post
    Sweet :D Yeah I'm looking at getting Vegas!

Do you have any covers to show us I would love to hear what the Flip sounds like!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeiOjC3Qjsg"]YouTube- X-Ray Dog - The Mutiny[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcyBZviX4Fw"]YouTube- X-Ray Dog - Narrrow Margin.wmv[/ame]
    Matt

User Info Menu

Thats actually really good qaulity for a cover! really enjoyed them! :D

User Info Menu

Man! yo grooovin! hahahaha

Awesome dude! :D

What sunnies are they? They look like Rayban Wayfarers!
    Yes, they are Rayban Wayfarers and thanks!

User Info Menu

Same method as Yohin here. We got my dad a Flip Video Ultra HD for his birthday last year and he lets me use it to record covers. The audio quality is amazing. The only time I ever managed to distort it was one time when I got a little too into it and smashed my crash cymbal. Distorted it for about 1-2 seconds and then it was fine lol. Here's a video of it. This was taken about 2 months ago, but I had nothing else to upload to use as an "audition" for band people.

/edit:
    Wow, that's an awkward thumbnail...
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseInMotion View Post
    /edit:
    Matt

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Yes, they are Rayban Wayfarers and thanks!
    What a spot by me !

Hahaha :P LOL at the thumbnail :P

You also have a cute fan! :P

User Info Menu

You also have a cute fan! :P
    Thanks!
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseInMotion View Post
    Same method as Yohin here. We got my dad a Flip Video Ultra HD for his birthday last year and he lets me use it to record covers. The audio quality is amazing. The only time I ever managed to distort it was one time when I got a little too into it and smashed my crash cymbal. Distorted it for about 1-2 seconds and then it was fine lol. Here's a video of it. This was taken about 2 months ago, but I had nothing else to upload to use as an "audition" for band people.

/edit:
    Nice job!