Thread: Headsets For Drumming?

User Info Menu

Default Headsets For Drumming?

Hey guys was just looking for some help,im looking to buy a wireless vocal headset for when i drum,its a pain in the arse using stands and was just wondering if any of you have any experience on whats good and where to look

cheers

User Info Menu

Wireless, my good friend, is not the way to go... Unless of course your willing to drop a ton [yes, I am Canadian], otherwise, it would be easier, and smarter to take some pain killer and try your best to ignore that pain in your arse.
    DRUM NAKED!

I Tried To Think Of Something Insightful, But This Is All That Came To Mind...

-PerpetualFrog

User Info Menu

I'm assuming that your interest in a wireless headset microphone means that you also sing......I sing as well, and my experience was this....I bought a Shure SM-10A headset mic' (not the wireless version)...the problem with headsets is that they severely limit your "microphone etiquette", meaning, if you get to a part in a song where you seriously are belting out some lyrics, you can't back away from the mic'....I tried it for a few gigs, and absolutely HATED the way it distorted under such circumstances, so I went back to "Old Faithful"....a Shure SM 58 Beta, with a mic' stand coming over my left shoulder.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

i just dont know how you guys do it. singing and drumming. i can sing well and play well but cannot coordinate my breathing to do both, it just throws me off bad. it was easy back in the old speed metal days when a backup singer just had to yell DIE KILL DIE. lol

User Info Menu

LOL Funkster!!!

Man, that was hilarious....thanks for the laugh, bro!
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.