Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Snare Drums

User Info Menu

Default Re: Show Us Your Snare Drums

Here is my one and only workhorse of a snare! I absolutely love this drum! I play a lot of different styles of music ranging from Jazz to blues to full on metal and this drum shines playing them all. The Mag throw is easily the best throw-off on the market IMHO and the 3 position Butt is so handy and quite useful. The 3mm True Hoops are just burly and beautiful and the True Pitch 50 tension rods are so smooth and accurate. Can you tell I love this snare drum? lol

DW 14x6.5 Nickel over Brass.

IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0986.jpg
    IMG_0985.jpg
    FILL YOUR LIFE WITH INSPIRATION TO INSPIRE

DW Collectors - Paragon - Vic Firth -

User Info Menu

Beautiful snare DW

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DWdrumr View Post
    Those are stunning! Looking forward to seeing those with the hardware on! What hardware are you going with for those?
    Once they get here in the mail.
    The first one I'm going to start with is probably the one I wanted the most. It's a 13x7 (the bottom one)
    And once it's here in my hands in my possession I will sit there in front of my computer for hours with the snare on the table staring at hardware for HOURS until the one that screams YESSSSSS pops out at me!

The one with the large stave sections (I call it the circus tent) I'm going to do offset tub lugs.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=SpazApproved;718625]Once they get here in the mail.
    The first one I'm going to start with is probably the one I wanted the most. It's a 13x7 (the bottom one)
    And once it's here in my hands in my possession I will sit there in front of my computer for hours with the snare on the table staring at hardware for HOURS until the one that screams YESSSSSS pops out at me!

The one with the large stave sections (I call it the circus tent) I'm going to do offset tub lugs.[/QUOTEAwesome! Can’t wait to see the finished drums!]

User Info Menu

IMG_4977.jpg just got this Supra yesterday
    Mapex Saturn flat black maple burl. 2 up 2 down. Mapex black panther black widow snare,Ludwig Acrolite,Ludwig Supraphonic,Tama SLP power maple.

User Info Menu

Very nice Supra,vlopez. What is the style snare throw on it?

User Info Menu

P85 throw on it. New style throw
    Last edited by vlopez1130; 05-03-2018 at 08:32 PM.
    Mapex Saturn flat black maple burl. 2 up 2 down. Mapex black panther black widow snare,Ludwig Acrolite,Ludwig Supraphonic,Tama SLP power maple.

User Info Menu

My latest addition to my collection: My Mapex Black Panther 'Blaster' 13X7 maple w/ walnut reinforcement rings.DSC01612.jpg The closest thing I have to a Black Panther, my cat Puma. I use this snare with my ash burl 8 pc. Saturns.
    Last edited by drummerMD; 05-04-2018 at 07:38 AM.

User Info Menu

My favorite size! And with re-rings! Killer!

Cute Cat

User Info Menu

Thanks much, Spaz! ( Did you check out my PDP concept pedal pics in the Drum reviews thread?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Thanks much, Spaz! ( Did you check out my PDP concept pedal pics in the Drum reviews thread?)
    Just checked it out! Great work on the changes you made! I bet it's just killer!

User Info Menu

1964 Slingerland "student" 6-lugger maple w/ re-rings:

DSC01619.jpg

7X13 Black Magic...............love the 13:

IMG_1198 (2).jpg

2017 Gretsch USA model G4169B 6.5X14 Bronze........20-lug........killer snare drum:

20171012_170140.jpg
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Love your Gretschie Snares! I know they sound good. . . . .hey, it's Gretsch! I love my Black Magic as well. I have a black 3 pos. Dunnett throw on mine which I like a lot, but now I'm eyeing the Inde SB1 throw in black nickel. It's a P85 style throw but much better! It will match the finish on the snare perfectly! It's made to fit most all snares including beaded ones like my Black Magic.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerMD View Post
    Love your Gretschie Snares! I know they sound good. . . . .hey, it's Gretsch! I love my Black Magic as well. I have a black 3 pos. Dunnett throw on mine which I like a lot, but now I'm eyeing the Inde SB1 throw in black nickel. It's a P85 style throw but much better! It will match the finish on the snare perfectly! It's made to fit most all snares including beaded ones like my Black Magic.
    MD:
    If you decide to go that route, let me know how good it is.
    I'm having no trouble with the Ludwig stock issue.

This new 4169B Gretsch snare has the new model of the micro throw that has a lock on it.
    I've always preferred the micro over the lightning throw anyway.

Regarding Gretsch snares -- up until last year I had a WMP 1954 3-ply that just might have been the best snare I ever owned/heard.
    I traded it back to the guy I bought it from because he found a kit to match it.................................the only guy I would have done that for.
    Last edited by Ricardo; 05-05-2018 at 08:57 AM.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    MD:
    If you decide to go that route, let me know how good it is.
    I'm having no trouble with the Ludwig stock issue.

This new 4169B Gretsch snare has the new model of the micro throw that has a lock on it.
    I've always preferred the micro over the lightning throw anyway.

Regarding Gretsch snares -- up until last year I had a WMP 1954 3-ply that just might have been the best snare I ever owned/heard.
    I traded it back to the guy I bought it from because he found a kit to match it.................................the only guy I would have done that for.
    I just ordered the Inde SB1 throw today. It read BK at the end so I'm hoping it's the black chrome( or blk nickel) I'll let you know.

User Info Menu

I had a dream where I was able to afford my dream snare.......Sonor Artist Series Bronze.....but then I woke up.
    Mapex Saturn V Blue Red Hybrid Sparkle 4 pc
    Ludwig 6.5 x14 Black Beauty
    Pearl Demon Drive double pedal
    Sabian 22" Paragon Ride
    Sabian 19" Paragon China
    Sabian 18" AAX Xplosion Crash
    Sabian 18" HHX Xplosion Crash
    Sabian 14" AAX Xlosion Hats
    Sabian 10" AAX Aero Splash
    Sabian XSR Fast Stax
    Wuhan 8" Splash

User Info Menu

DWDrumr, when I first saw your pictures I thought they were mine. But yours is a Collector series. Mine is not. However, I'm become thoroughly impressed with mine. It's my snare of choice for gigging, currently.

Last edited by Bish; 05-20-2018 at 11:18 AM.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

If you could ever imagine what a Ludwig snare should sound like. . . . . . . .well. Old school!DSC00531.jpgDSC01185.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    DWDrumr, when I first saw your pictures I thought they were mine. But yours is a Collector series. Mine is not. However, I'm become thoroughly impressed with mine. It's my snare of choice for gigging, currently.

I have the same drum, Bish - absolutely superb!
    A-kit: Mapex 6-pc Saturn V in Deep Water Maple Burl
    1976 Ludwig Supraphonic 400, DW Design Black Nickel over Brass and Black Panther Velvetone snares
    14" Zildjian A Mastersound hi-hats
    21" Meinl Byzance Transition Ride
    18" Sabian AAX China
    Many Paiste Signature cymbals!
    Roland SPD:ONE Percussion pad

Protection Racket cases

E-kit: Roland TD-12 with VEX

User Info Menu

Yeah Bish that's a nice DW

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mkennedy View Post
    continued...

Pork Pie Cherry Pie Cherry/Bubinga 14x7...

Mapex Black Panther Cherry Bomb 13x5.5...

Homemade Maple Snare 14x5.5(10 ply/8 lug/diecast hoops/tung oil finish)...

Homemade Maple Snare 14x7(6 ply/8 lug/triple flanged hoops/tung oil finish)...
    Hello. I am refinishing my drums and I want them to look like your 14x7 snare drum. Your drum looks exactly the way I am hoping mine will turn out. Would you mind telling me the process and the brand of finish that you used?
    Thank you,

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    DWDrumr, when I first saw your pictures I thought they were mine. But yours is a Collector series. Mine is not. However, I'm become thoroughly impressed with mine. It's my snare of choice for gigging,

Oh man I feel the same way! It’s such a versatile snare and blends perfectly in any musical setting. I’ve played everything from metal to blues with this snare and it just sings in every situation! I love mine and it just looks gorgeous under stage lights as well!

User Info Menu

It’s a good thing(or maybe not)I’m not rich, if I was I would have serious snare drum addiction!
    There are just so many gorgeous snare drums available and I want them all!!!

User Info Menu

Here is a “new to me” Pearl Masterworks snare. 14x5.5 maple, one ply with re-rings. I think it’s in pretty great shape for being 17 years old.

31D159BF-DBE9-4CBE-9859-0E61F9C671D3.jpg
    18A4AB3A-74F1-4382-A6FB-84C823BE9F88.jpg
    843E1CC8-DE6F-4879-BB21-EB5832829DF1.jpg