Thread: Just a reminder: Be sure to check your throne height!!

Fullstop Guest

Exclamation Just a reminder: Be sure to check your throne height!!

For about 2 weeks after the show I was having trouble playing certain master pedal intensive stems. The other parts seemed to be manageable, but still off from normal.

I thought it was me at first. Due to my trouble with sciatica, I thought it was just something that would happen eventually and it caught up with me. I resigned myself to re-writing the bassdrum part to be less extensive. I wasn't happy about it, because it even though it fit...it wasn't how the song was meant to go. One night after warming up and playing around...I just got fed up and tossed the sticks and walked off and went outside to sit...

Finally after the aggravation built up too much I threw down and inspected every nook and cranny. AH HA!!!!

The guy who used my kit at the show lowered my throne. Not a lot. Not enough to catch with the naked eye! A couple of twists and BAM!

I hopped on the kit and took her to town. I knew it couldn't have been me. I let my fears and aggravation get the best of me.

So let this be a reminder guys!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Just a reminder: Be sure to check your throne height!!

+1 someone has lowered my throne sometime last week on the packdown from recording. i have set my kit up at my house and i just cant play. Just cant get comfy and it is really frustrating and demotivating me. Just play 10 mins, adjust, play 10 mins, adjust. Stressed!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Just a reminder: Be sure to check your throne height!!

My throne doesn't stay up on it's own >.< It's an old garage work stool that I sort of converted into a throne by taking the wheels off and bolting 2x4's to the bottom of it. But it's apparently starting to break down after a year of use. As I play, it lowers itself ever so slightly and I have to stop to raise it back up. Totally know what you mean by it messing up the bass. It's so annoying. I'm gonna put another set of 2x4's on it to raise it up a bit more to compensate for it. Can't wait to get a regular throne...
    Cymbals
    14" AA Fusion Hats | 8" Max Splash | 10" HHX Evolution Splash | 16" AA Bright Crash | 21" AA Raw Bell Dry Ride | 18" APX Crash | 14" Wuhan China
    Tama Hyperdrive 5 Piece Kit
    Ludwig Black Galaxy Acrolite 5x14" Snare
    Tama Iron Cobra Jr. single bass pedal

Four Of Spades Facebook Page

Want advice on upgrading your cymbals?
    Click here!