Thread: No reading music

User Info Menu

Post No reading music

There are these certain 2 guys in my band class who can't read music if it were to save their lives. Our teacher won't do Anything. It slows down our percussion class and we never get anything done. Our concert is gonna stink. Help me please...
    Percussion is the pulse. With out a pulse, ya dead.
    GIRL DRUMMERS ROCK!!!

User Info Menu

Maybe, ask your Band Director if he can give them any sort of insentive? For instance, they may just not be motivated to learn, because there is nothing driving them to do so. Do you have a Jazz Band at your school? I had a simular situation at my school. One of the Percussionists, fabulous player, don't get me wrong, had a lot of trouble reading. So as an insentive my Band Director told him, he won't be allowed to play Drum Set in Jazz Band, untill he gains the skill of reading music. Withing a weeks time, he'd practiced reading so much, it was outstanding, then he was allowed to play, with good reason. So, maybe, just little insentives like the given, might motivate them to learn.
    Hope I could be of assistance?
    DRUM NAKED!

I Tried To Think Of Something Insightful, But This Is All That Came To Mind...

-PerpetualFrog

User Info Menu

haha..i dont know how to read drum music..and cant figure it out to save my life..i definatly need someone to sit down with me and implant in my head how to read that stuff lol

User Info Menu

This guy is pretty good at teaching music..... I thought this was pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qIWBqmEGpw

User Info Menu

omg...thanc so much DC..that rly rly helped

User Info Menu

great learning tool...ty
    The road goes on forever and the party never ends, Johnny Cash is a friend of mine. www.myspace.com/braxtonbisceglia

User Info Menu

And this guy plays the Roland V-drums YAY! LOL