Thread: Help please :(

User Info Menu

Smile Help please :(

K, well I have been playing for two years and been playing double bass for about 6 months, since christmas I think.

I play double bass drum not double kick, both the same bass pedal and company who made it, not sure about size, BUT! The pedals are bugging me, one of them isnt bouncing very well, No rebound it feels like it is sticking I tried tightening it, I tried moving it too a different bass drum, I tried moving the beater in different possitions, I tried losening it, and It seems like it is sticking.

The other pedals is fine, but they both sqeak ALOT. Any suggestions, if im not making myself clear Just tell me, because this is really frustrating my practice since I cant even get over 145 BPM coz the damn thing keeps sticking and doesnt bounce

Thanks guys I appreciate it

User Info Menu

Default Re: Help please :(

Grease the bearings. It may be so bad that u might need new bearings.

If grease doesn't do it use silicone lube. Comes in a can like wd-40. This is a last resort for an instant fix

User Info Menu

Who cares, just be like Bonham!

User Info Menu

What kind of pedal are you using? That might be part of it. HOWEVER....

I've heard from many people and experienced personally that it's almost impossible to get a slave pedal to feel just like the regular one. Part of this is because you want your left foot to feel like your right, and it's obviously never going to (provided that you're right-footed). If it really is a big problem though, I would also recommend greasing the bearings and continue to experiment with each possible setting.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cole1paul View Post
    I've heard from many people and experienced personally that it's almost impossible to get a slave pedal to feel just like the regular one.
    He doesn't have a slave pedal. He's saying that he's using a double bass drum setup. So he's got two of the same single pedal yet can't get them to feel the same.

Anyway, that's gotta be frustrating as all Hell. Grease the bearings, as suggested, and see what happens.
    ^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^

User Info Menu

Ahhhhhhh... That's interesting. Again though, part of it is probably not being used to using your left foot.

User Info Menu

As already mentioned, I'd use some WD-40 on every moving part of that pedal. After that, try to get every setting as close as you can to your other pedal's settings.
    Gretsch - Tama - Pearl - Sabian - Zildjian - Stagg - Evans - Vater - Gibraltar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rabidpenguin45 View Post
    As already mentioned, I'd use some WD-40 on every moving part of that pedal. After that, try to get every setting as close as you can to your other pedal's settings.
    Sorry Wd 40 is the worst stuff to use around a drum kit. It is a rust inhibitor and all it will do is attrack dust and dirt. Try 3 in 1 oil but only a few drops here and there. I have tried olive oil just a few drops which is all natural and does not stain the finish on shells etc. and does the same job at lubricating.

User Info Menu

Go to Lowe's and get Lithium Grease; you should find it on the shelf right next to the WD-40. It is recommended by Axis; I figure it is legit for other pedals too.

cheers,
    wm_crash, the friendly hooligan
    N00b member of Russ' Zildjian League

"yohin: I never say anything good enough to be put in someone's sig."

User Info Menu

Thanks guys!

but about my left foot not feeling right, I dont no...I swtiched the pedals, and my left foot does fine, and my right foot eventually does really bad because it keeps sticking...no bounce back again

But I will try and oil it. Any advice on how to oil :P

User Info Menu

Very simply dap a VERY VERY little amount of the lithium grease on the end of your finger, and then touch the deepest part of the bearing you can get to on both sides, and swivel the bearing arround itself.

Also, I didnt notice what type of pedal you have, but I would check the spring itself and make sure that it hasnt gotten kinked, if it has a spring, (assuming it isnt direct drive) and it has gotten kinked from moving it for a practice, show, redesinging kit placement or w/e it will dramaticall affect the rebound of the pedal.

hope you get it sorted.

User Info Menu

I think it would be helpful if you told us the company who made the pedal, Perhaps one of us has or had that pedal at one time and can zero right on into the problem, You may have to disassemble the entire pedal, check for wear or some old dried up grease, clean it and put it back together. That happened to me with a ludwig speed king, I still have it, I don't use it anymore but I cleaned the old grease out with carberator cleaner, relubed it with white lithium grease and it flows like butter.