Thread: How To Fix My Snare?

User Info Menu

Exclamation How To Fix My Snare?

I use Prof.Sound's Drum Tuning Bible v3.

I used one of his methods (number 2) and without the snare unit on, the drum sounds really good. But when I turn it on, mine only goes from stage 1 to 2 and just stops, even if I tighten as far as I can go. Why? This is from his website and what I mean about the stages. On the top-right side of the link.

http://home.earthlink.net/~prof.sound/id7.html

User Info Menu

Default Re: How To Fix My Snare?

Read it carefully, it sounds to me like you've over tightened your snares.

ThePloughman Guest

If you need to force the throw to engage, its wrong.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blaque1002 View Post
    I use Prof.Sound's Drum Tuning Bible v3.

I used one of his methods (number 2) and without the snare unit on, the drum sounds really good. But when I turn it on, mine only goes from stage 1 to 2 and just stops, even if I tighten as far as I can go. Why? This is from his website and what I mean about the stages. On the top-right side of the link.

http://home.earthlink.net/~prof.sound/id7.html
    I have no idea to what stages you are talking about because I have never been on that Websie. Try this out if works ok if not, oh well! Open the snare up but unlocking the throwoff ( pushing the arm down beside the knob.Loosen the throw off knob all the way till the snares hang then loosen off the two bolts that hold the snares by the strings and pull on them till the wires just barely touch the bottom skin, make sure the wires are centered( I mean check the edges and measure the distance between the snare metal end and the drum hoop) tighten that up then lift the throw off arm up then adjust your throw off knob a little at a time till the drum starts to sound good with less vibration. I hope this helps
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 06-18-2010 at 08:44 AM.