Thread: Drum Lesson Last Night.......

User Info Menu

Default Drum Lesson Last Night.......

I had my first lesson behind a real drum kit last night….. OMG!!!!! If I don’t get my own kit soon I’m gonna BURST! I still have a way to go on my rudiments but I had the basic “rock” beat (8th note feel) going and was kickin’ some arse!!!!! I love it, love it, love it!!!!!

My hubby did this LMAO!

User Info Menu

LOL, thats kewl!

What sorta kit are you hoping to buy?
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

The Roland TD-20S

User Info Menu

An electro?
    Well, that's..................expensively expensive! Right on!

I myself will stick with acoustic drums, but I wouln't mind having an electro pad or two on my kit.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer."
    - Henry David Thoreau

My set: Sonor Force 2003 Fusion Kit. 16" B8 Thin Crash, 20" B8 Ride, 16" Wuhan China, 14" B8 hi-hats, 10" AAX Splash
    PDP Double bass Pedal, PDP throne.

User Info Menu

You are so inspiring to me drum chick, your excitement is so contagious, listening to you makes me just want to go to my church and play, play, play.

I think you are going to be a great drummer, and I think you are going to catch on very quickly.

User Info Menu

Thanks ddrumbum! I appreciate it! I'm actually itching right now to go home and practice what I learned yesterday (should have brought my pp to work LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by ddrumbum
    You are so inspiring to me drum chick, your excitement is so contagious, listening to you makes me just want to go to my church and play, play, play.

I think you are going to be a great drummer, and I think you are going to catch on very quickly.

User Info Menu

Now that I've actually "sat" behind and jammed on a real drum kit I can see why people have to make themselves do their rudiments (and hate it sometimes). If I had a drum kit I wouldn't want to do my rudiments LOL

User Info Menu

Drum chick I am so struggling with rudiments, not because I can't learn them, but because it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring learning them, I am really trying to just suck it up and be bored and learn them, because once I get them down, I will be smokin on the kit.

User Info Menu

ddrumbum, my teacher gave me a paradiddle drill to practice this week and I'm having fun with it. You probably already know it (you know everything! LOL), but if you want it let me know and I'll PM when I get home.

Drum chick I am so struggling with rudiments, not because I can't learn them, but because it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO boring learning them, I am really trying to just suck it up and be bored and learn them, because once I get them down, I will be smokin on the kit.

User Info Menu

drum chick you are to nice, but I don't now everything, I wish I did lol, but I am in the same boat as you, so absolutely please send me those, that would be great.

User Info Menu

Will do, I'll send them to you tonight

drum chick you are to nice, but I don't now everything, I wish I did lol, but I am in the same boat as you, so absolutely please send me those, that would be great.

User Info Menu

Congrats on playing your first kit!
    The road goes on forever and the party never ends, Johnny Cash is a friend of mine. www.myspace.com/braxtonbisceglia

User Info Menu

I told you it's fun! And your hopes for that Roland are respectable, they're cheaper than a set that big and have over like 80 different kits.
    www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Yeah - I've got a Roland and I love it.

Great for practice (with headphones) and the crazy amount of sounds are endlessly inspiring. Not only imitations of acoustic kits, but also electronica, more percussion setups than I could imagine ... I've even got a Taiko kit set up to play that crazy Japanese drumming!

You'll LOVE it!!!

User Info Menu

Jobby, does your Roland have the Pedal FX setting on it? Very techno sounding but I love it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 32ndHeartBeat
    Jobby, does your Roland have the Pedal FX setting on it? Very techno sounding but I love it.
    Yeah - it's weird innit! I love messing around with that and the pitch-bend thing that the hi-hat pedal does.

User Info Menu

I know, it's crazy. Try a disco 4/4 beat on the hi hat and bass while hitting the left crash every other beat... Supposedly it's like the "secret" Roland beat that has mindboggling effects.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drum_chick
    I had my first lesson behind a real drum kit last night….. OMG!!!!! If I don’t get my own kit soon I’m gonna BURST! I still have a way to go on my rudiments but I had the basic “rock” beat (8th note feel) going and was kickin’ some arse!!!!! I love it, love it, love it!!!!!

My hubby did this LMAO!

That's cool. I've been thinking about taking some classes myself. Really I only play for fun, but I'd like to learn how to read music. A drum teacher I talked to said he could teach me in one lesson. (guess it's not as hard as I thought)
    I wouldn't mind playing with some other people, and I think reading music may help out a lot. I should go, just to get an idea on where I'm at, and where I want to be. (the next Neil Peart!) LOL yeah, that will never happen....
    When we do right, no one remembers. When we do wrong, no one forgets.