Thread: Who wants free drum lessons?

User Info Menu

Default Who wants free drum lessons?

Ok drum chatters,

I am taking your advise and I am going to start teaching, catering to your specific needs and skill level, and I am going to teach for FREE.
    The way I plan to start is by using either my email at ddrumbum@charter.net or yahoo messanger @ ddrumbum for discussion and questions and then by video demonstrations for the response back to you.
    You simply ask me what you are wanting to learn or struggling with, I will make a video, demonstrating how to do it in detail, and either up it on my myspace page OR email it directly to you or both.
    Again I am new to the teaching thing, so if you have suggestions on better ways to get the information to you, please let me know, but I know I prefer video demonstrations, it is pretty much like hands on, so give me your input please.

This will be completely free, and I am really looking forward to doing it.

So let the teaching begin.
    Last edited by Pdplayer; 03-29-2007 at 09:57 AM.

User Info Menu

Good for you ddrumbum! I'm sure I'll be e-mailing you A LOT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ddrumbum
    Ok drum chatters,

I am taking your advise and I am going top start teaching, and to start off, I am going to teach for free.
    The way I plan to start is by using either my email at ddrumbum@charter.net or yahoo messanger @ ddrumbum for discussion and questions and then by video demonstrations for the response back to you.
    You simply ask me what you are wanting to learn or struggling with, I will make a video, demonstrating how to do it in detail, and either up it on my myspace page OR email it directly to you or both.
    Again I am new to the teaching thing, so if you have suggestions on better ways to get the information to you, please let me know, but I know I prefer video demonstrations, it is pretty much like hands on, so give me your input please.

This will be completely free, and I am really looking forward to doing it.

So let the teaching begin.

User Info Menu

Sounds good, my first student, YES

User Info Menu

i wanna know how to spin my sticks and headbang. who cares about learning how to play drums
    hey, it worked for tommy lee.

User Info Menu

seriously, are you looking for real life students? make sure to get flyers out to your local music stores. if you are a good teacher then this a great way to earn some extra cash aswell as help others. i teach 4 kids at dif. levels and when my wife graduates next year i will start teaching full time. if you have any questions feel free to ask.

User Info Menu

i wanna know how to play hi-hats where u like hit the bottom of the stick..then the tips really fast..i suck at that

btw..are u like the owner of ddrum or something? o_O

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain
    i wanna know how to spin my sticks and headbang. who cares about learning how to play drums
    LOL

User Info Menu

Default Lessons for sure

Finally talked myself into dropping by the music place last night on my way home. They teach guitar and other instruments and have one drum kit set up in a small room just large enough for the drum kit, one person on the "throne" and one chair for the instructor. I've never even sat down in front of a set of drums but I'm looking forward to getting started. Where would you think the instructor would start. "This is a drum kit," I suppose. Anybody out there who can relate their first drum lessons stories? The kit they have there is a regular 5-piece with hi-hat, crash & ride cymbals (I think that's what they're called). How much would you say the lessons would cost at our day's prices? You have to buy a month's worth of lessons. I'll have to consult here with you guys if I don't understand something. I've actually learned a lot about drumming just by looking on the net. Looks like to me that everybody would benefit from taking at least a few lessons.
    Don

User Info Menu

lol..i have been playing for over a year now with no lessons..but i plan to take some soon...I would reccomend getting a kit..and playing on it...then taking lessons...its way way funner..(yes i know thats not a word)

at the local store here they have a pro studio and a bunch of kits for lessons..i think theyre about 25-30 bucks per half hour lesson

User Info Menu

Smile Lessons

Mine will be <$20 per half hour, so that sounds about right. Lessons from a professional, on a full kit, one-on-one, couldn't be much cheaper. When I studied flute, I had a professional tutor and practiced a lot, but in actuality, since I didn't start 'til I was well into my adult life, I just could not form my mouth muscles into what is the correct opening that's required to be able to make the correct notes. I loved to play the flute, but was never pleased with myself. I can see myself getting much better on drums. We'll see what happens. Keepin' the beat,
    Don

User Info Menu

Mine will be <$20 per half hour, so that sounds about right
    Thats about what I pay. Do they have any deals on 1 hour lessons?
    With my teacher your pay fifteen per half hour or twenty five per hour. I just don't find that half of an hour is enough... Maybe its just me though?
    Last edited by PerpetualFrog; 03-29-2007 at 06:49 PM.
    DRUM NAKED!

I Tried To Think Of Something Insightful, But This Is All That Came To Mind...

-PerpetualFrog

User Info Menu

except for my niece, i charge 20 per hour.

User Info Menu

My boys are taking drum, guitar, and piano lessons. In Nor Cal rates are running from $60 p/mo ($15 p/half hour) to $100 per hour. We've had some teachers that weren't worth $1 p/hr, while the $100 p/hr guy is absolutely golden! Shop around. Like everything else, you get what you pay for.

User Info Menu

I'm gonna watch some more of your solos, ddrum, and pick out those little techniques that boggle me. Say hello to student #2

www.myspace.com/maudeephyfe
    The good times won't roll themselves
    Gretsch Renown Maple, Paiste Signature, Reflector, and Dark Energy

User Info Menu

Two students, YES

User Info Menu

Count me in man!, thats sounds like a wicked idea, im definatly gonna be one of your students

User Info Menu

Hey thanks guys for your confidence in me, I will try to not anyone down, and give you the best info I possibly can, drum chick and lafirin I will get your video to you this weekend.

Three students YEA:

User Info Menu