Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Splash Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Splash Cymbals

Who uses a splash cymbal in their set up?

User Info Menu

i definately would, but i caint afford it right now. i do have this thin 8' crash that sort of works as a splash...just a little more ring in it
    When drummers are away from their instruments, which is quite often, they often resort to air drumming. Although often distracting to others, playing air drums provides drummers with a mental practice session that can help a great deal.

User Info Menu

ido ido cant live witout it
    i like to lay into it on punches with the bass
    max

User Info Menu

yea man i bet that sounds sweet....i sort of do that, but what i do is play the cymbal with the bass, and then let the crash ring for like one second, then i mute it... at least it works!
    When drummers are away from their instruments, which is quite often, they often resort to air drumming. Although often distracting to others, playing air drums provides drummers with a mental practice session that can help a great deal.

User Info Menu

splash cymbals are awesome. i've had one for years and they help bring some flavor into your style. use tastefully though, many drummers overdo it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alien
    splash cymbals are awesome. i've had one for years and they help bring some flavor into your style. use tastefully though, many drummers overdo it.

That is SOOOO true....same with the china...i love to use both but with a great deal of caution!

User Info Menu

Buddy Rich always used one. And that's all I have to say about that.
    - Forrest Gump
    Last edited by drummer; 04-23-2006 at 11:31 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Boo
    Buddy Rich always used one. And that's all I have to say about that.
    - Forrest Gump
    I believe Forrest Gump used one too.

User Info Menu

i was unaware that forrest gump drummed!!
    i mean those leg braces must have messed him up sometimes eh?

User Info Menu

I want a spalsh cymbal, what kinds are good?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lhebs0
    I want a spalsh cymbal, what kinds are good?
    If you'll be hittin' hard, get something thick so it won't crack on you. Try out a variety at your local drum shop and get what sounds good to you. They'll all vary.

User Info Menu

I wanted a 12" so it's just a "step" up from my 14" crash, but way back in time, the store by me had a deal on an 8", so I took it and haven't changed it. I would go with a 10" or 12" myself... the 8", for me, is just too high and thin sounding. I still use it, but not as much. I would get one for sure though.
    Regal Tip Quantum 3000 nylon tip - my weapons of mass destruction

User Info Menu

yeah...i would recomend a 12 that's wut i have....it's perfect...for me anyway

User Info Menu

I have a 10" Paiste splash that I absolutely love! I combine it with a 14" crash for a very loud quick crash that dies off fast. I have to agree with Allen & Utopia - Don't overdo it.

User Info Menu

i do use a sabian splash..

User Info Menu

yea same here, without my splash i'm lost.

User Info Menu

i`ve got a paiste alpha 12" splash ...one of my faves to play as it goes !!I use it more as an acent to my 16" crashes ...so i`ll hit it a split sec before crashing .....sounds awesome ..i definatley rate the paiste alpha series ....got it off fleabay for 20 quid too ...so all you ebay doubters out there ....there`s bargins to be had my friends !!

dave
    Last edited by pinkfloyd; 09-13-2006 at 09:14 AM.

User Info Menu

I just baught a sabian xs20 10 inch splash.. any advice on placement. I am still learning alot. What works best for everyone . Im like to play contemp. christain.

User Info Menu

i just cracked my splash.....it sucks...im lookin' at a 12 in K splash
    anyone have one? and are they worth it?
    PRACTICE SAFE BANGING!!! play drums! My Pearl Session Kit

User Info Menu

I use a Sabian B8 Splash Cymbal...But no Stand for it lol...

User Info Menu

I have a 12" Zildjian A splash on my practice kit, and a 10" A Custom splash on my DW kit.....i may just swipe the 12" and use that as well on my gig kit.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

That 12" A is a big sounding splash. It almost sounds like a crash.

User Info Menu

I have 3 splashes, but I only use two of them...
    the one I don't use is a 10" Paiste alpha Splash
    the others are: a 10" Stagg Black Metal splash and a 8" Bosphorus antique series splash-> my favourite

User Info Menu

my absolute favorie splashes are the sabian hhx evolution designed by dave weckl. they are awesome i have a 12" and 10" aswell as a 6" sabian paragon that i piggyback on top of the 12" hhx, it sounds like a tiny china.
    zildjians a cuto splashes are nice too, but i just really like sabian for effects cymbals. when it comes to crashes i like zildjian.

User Info Menu

Hmmmm, here's a question, are there 12" crashes? Or are all 12" cymbals considered splashes? Or both crashes and splashes?