Thread: Yamaha DTX550K

User Info Menu

Default Yamaha DTX550K

Brought it home last night. Finally got her configured the way I like it. Here's some pics of the final product:

^^^ SGD's Evans Empire ^^^

User Info Menu

Default Re: Yamaha DTX550K

Very sweet looking e-kit. You will have to post a review and maybe some vids! Enjoy it
    ---- If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum. - chinese proverb

User Info Menu

Nice looking e-kit...How do you like the new TCS snare pad?...I've heard alot of good things about the new pads!

User Info Menu

Wow...nice! Looks really comfy to play.

User Info Menu

Thanks, guys! It is a comfy set, indeed. It doesn't beat the feel of playing my acoustic set but it's still A LOT of fun. The various sounds in the kit have really opened up my mind creatively and I'm playing beats I probably wouldn't have thought of with just the regular drum sounds. That's also helping my chops because it's forcing me to patterns that are outside of my comfort zone.

As for the DTX pad, I love it! You won't mistake it for a real snare no matter what Yamaha would like you to believe, but it's still the best feeling drum pad out there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DLDante View Post
    Thanks, guys! It is a comfy set, indeed. It doesn't beat the feel of playing my acoustic set but it's still A LOT of fun. The various sounds in the kit have really opened up my mind creatively and I'm playing beats I probably wouldn't have thought of with just the regular drum sounds. That's also helping my chops because it's forcing me to patterns that are outside of my comfort zone.

As for the DTX pad, I love it! You won't mistake it for a real snare no matter what Yamaha would like you to believe, but it's still the best feeling drum pad out there.
    Thanks for the 1st hand reviews! I plan on upgrading in the future and what you've mentioned already will help down the road!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Thanks for the 1st hand reviews! I plan on upgrading in the future and what you've mentioned already will help down the road!
    Upgrading to the DTX500? Don't you already own a DTXpress IV? If so, I wouldn't worry too much about the DTX500 module. It's essentially the same module, just upgraded to be compatible with the new DTX pads. The DTX pads are awesome, but I don't know that I'd reinvest hundreds of dollars just to use them.