Thread: genera g2....are they the same as g2

User Info Menu

Default genera g2....are they the same as g2

I have Tama genera g2s on top and genera g1s on bottom they sound great by the way,are they the same as plain evans g2s minus the 'genera',i think im due for new heads

User Info Menu

Default Re: genera g2....are they the same as g2

Same heads (but I still don't know what the 'G' stands for...)

I kid...

User Info Menu

thanks X, ive been searching g2 trying to find out if they are the same, i have brand new pin stripes that i bought for a pdpx7 kit i bought,but i had to return the kit,when i found this starclassic b/b kit for the same price

User Info Menu

Yeah, the Genera brand still exists on some of their specialty heads (ex: Genera Dry), but the G-1 and G-2 branding has become so recognizable that it looks like they seized the moment and made the change to the more concise name. Great heads BTW. G-1 coated are great for snare batters. G-2 on toms. Still haven't tried the G-2 coated on my toms yet. Currently infatuated with the G-Plus coated on the tom batters.

<sigh> so many head choices; so little $$...

Good call on the TAMAs as well...

User Info Menu

I think if you find "Genera" on the head it just means it's older stock.

I've only come across unopened Genera heads when a drum shop is cleaning out their inventory (i.e., we found this waaaay in the back) which meant I could get them at a nice discount.
    Scott G
    Follow me on twitter
    My discography sample
    Strange Americans

Gear:
    Brady
    Gretsch
    Ludwig
    Paiste
    Bosphorus

User Info Menu

I have the G2 Genera HD coated on my snare and G2's clear on the toms and the sound is great together. I think the HD means heavy duty long lasting not sure. G2 are very popular among drummers if ever I switch in the future I would like to try the EC2 that seem to be on the road to becoming just as popular as the G2.