Thread: Amplification for Gigs

User Info Menu

Default Amplification for Gigs

Hey guys,

I'm a bit new here but definitely liking what i've seen so far. My dilemma: I own the Yamaha DTX series electronic drumset and my band is incorporating it into our live set, rather then my standard 5-piece acoustic. I need assistance on amplification. I've been looking at the QSC KSub with two K12s. I'd be using a basic mackie mixer with the QSC rmx2450 amp. My question is whether this is sufficient and a good value. I would want a very strong punch(for especially the bassdrum), able to be felt throughout a gig of 200+ people. I've heard mixed things about the K-series, in terms of power. I've also heard that mackie, peavy, etc. are also good options.
    So two things: 1) would this be sufficient in power and clarity for bigger venues? 2)would the bass guitar be able to plug into this system? (Mixed opinions have been given to me, i don't know if it will sound good running through the mixer through the amp into the speakers/subs)

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Amplification for Gigs

The live audio technician recommended the Yamaha Stagepas Series, probably the 500 over either the Roland PM-30, or the Yamaha MS-100DR. Very portable and powerful for gigs up to 200 people.