Thread: drum recording

User Info Menu

Default drum recording

Hi fellow drummers, I just bought me a small voice recorder and recorded myself playing drums to a song. Lets just say it didn't turn out the way I expected it to. I guess I need to invest in new heads and a better recording system. I have been having trouble with my computer and phone. I just got it fixed yesterday. Any suggestions on recording systems?

Keep Drumming
    Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: drum recording

If you want to get a great sound and not hundred of $ on the full mics/mixer setup, I'd recommend the Flip Ultra. It's a camera that records just like any other, but it's got excellent sound quality and it connects straight to your USB port and you can just drag and drop the video files onto your computer. I think it goes for about $130.
    Matt

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by yohin View Post
    If you want to get a great sound and not hundred of $ on the full mics/mixer setup, I'd recommend the Flip Ultra. It's a camera that records just like any other, but it's got excellent sound quality and it connects straight to your USB port and you can just drag and drop the video files onto your computer. I think it goes for about $130.
    What if you want independent control over your drums? You'd just be getting everything at the same volume, and sometimes you might want the bass at a different level then cymbals, toms, etc.
    You might be interested in something versatile like a Zoom R16($350-400 on ebay):
    Last edited by Russ; 07-12-2010 at 08:51 AM.
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    What if you want independent control over your drums? You'd just be getting everything at the same volume, and sometimes you might want the bass at a different level then cymbals, toms, etc.
    You might be interested in something versatile like a Zoom R16($350-400 on ebay):
    Yeah and that's more than twice as much money as the one I said.
    Matt

User Info Menu

You expect a good recording system for less money than that?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments