Thread: 450 cdn and i need cymbals

User Info Menu

Default 450 cdn and i need cymbals

Hi i just sold my pearl targets and b8 cymbals and im buying a mapex pro m kit, I need new cymbals and i have 450 to spend on them id prob rather get a value pack but i need a hi hat for sure (duh) and i would rather get a crash and a ride but i guess id be fine with a crash/ride as long as its not like ****ty b8 line type i hope i can get something pretty good for 450. Any suggestions on what to get?

Thanks in advance for the help

User Info Menu

Wuhan, they're relitivley cheap, build sturdy, sound great. Even the pro cymbals by Wuhan aren't terribly expensive, that might be the way to go.
    DRUM NAKED!

I Tried To Think Of Something Insightful, But This Is All That Came To Mind...

-PerpetualFrog

User Info Menu

for another 150..see if there are any of the zildjian a custom specialty packs left out there..

User Info Menu

For 450, you can try around ebay for some sabian higher lines, or zildjian higher lines, or you can pick up the zildjian ZHT pro pack (plus a free cymbal bag and china)

Not the best, but its 340, that leaves you some more money for heads, or stands

User Info Menu

Is it 340 canadian or american, and i noticed the zbt and zht is like around the same price is there one thats better than the other i should aim for?

User Info Menu

Actually, the ZBT is just begginer cymbals, they have the musical equivilents to cookie sheets

The ZHT are slightly more expencive and made from B12 alloy over B8 (ZBT's) and they are pretty impressive i must say, their not great, but their Semi-Pro, which is better than begginner

The 340 is american, so itll be like 370 there?

User Info Menu

I called my local dealer and he said they would order the 4 set ZHT pro for 319.99 canadian, im going to go in saturday and order it with my drums. I accedently mistaked zbt though what i ment to say is what about the zxt how does that compare to the zht at all?

User Info Menu

Im pretty sure the ZXT is higher quality ZBT

From what ive heard, its usefull for things such as the trashformer which is used by many pros

But its a lot better quality than the ZBT's so ive heard, ive never really played them though, since my local guitar center only stocks ZBT, ZHT, A, A custom, And small amounts of K and K custom, with a lot of sabian

User Info Menu

I'm considering getting the zht rock because its 20 bucks cheaper and i need to buy 2 stands and a throne. wouldent just get it though like im deciding if it would be good sound to what i like. I'm mostly all around in typed of music i will like anything from southern rock to nickleback. Like would the rock cymbals make a huge dent in my play how would they sound compared to the others such as the pro.

User Info Menu

Wuhans baby, I got the S series and they rock, they are everybit as good as my A customs, and sound just as good or maybe better, I love them, and they have everything, rides, Hi-hats, crashes, splashes and of course the best chinas.

Anyway I got mine at www.music123.com check it out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by commi
    I'm considering getting the zht rock because its 20 bucks cheaper and i need to buy 2 stands and a throne. wouldent just get it though like im deciding if it would be good sound to what i like. I'm mostly all around in typed of music i will like anything from southern rock to nickleback. Like would the rock cymbals make a huge dent in my play how would they sound compared to the others such as the pro.
    Well, i dont get how but rock cymbals are generally louder pitched and higher, id prefer darker cymbals than the rock, but thats just me (like teh A's and A customs, not incredibly dark, but not incredibly bright)

Dont worry about getting the pro, medium thin crashes rock, they flex more so they can stand up to stuff, Travis barker and matt sorum (GNR and velvet revolver) use medium thin models, so dont worry about breaking for a bit