Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good drumming shoes?

User Info Menu

Default Good drumming shoes?

I'm just curious as to what shoes people here think are good for drumming.

I personally have found that my Vans classics (not slip-ons) are good because they can be tied tight and are perfect size for the pedal (I wear size 13.)

I also heard converses are good. Any thoughts?

--------------

Advertisement

Shoes for Drummers

User Info Menu

Default Re: Good drumming shoes?

I like K-Swiss sneakers. They are sooo light and comfy to me that I rarely want to wear any other shoes while playing.

User Info Menu

Personally im a Nike guy for all my shoes, and i find the Nike Cotrez to be nice. Converse are also very good, one of the few shoes i like other than Nikes. You might also want to look on MF. They have a shoe (idk what its called, or who makes it) made specifically for drumming in.
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

User Info Menu

Socks!!!

User Info Menu

Nothing!
    Paiste Alpha 14'' Sound Edge hats
    Paiste Alpha 16'' Medium Crash
    Sabian XS20 14'' Medium-Thin Crash
    Wuhan 16'' China

drummer: Being young is good ... as long as you're also wise
    Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Then you can use napkins to wipe your hands instead of taping them to your heads.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bloodylipp View Post
    Socks!!!
    +1. I neglected to mention, i only wear shoes when drumming if i have to.
    Pearl-Zildjian-Evans-Vater

I go to my local drum shop and purchase my sticks. I like to touch them before I buy them ;-)
    -TxDrummer
    My parents just get mad when i crash the ride. Thats true for cars and cymbals
    -jordison515

My Band:
    http://www.facebook.com/ArviaMusic
    Record for Most Users Online
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ers-12079.html

dave0549jv Guest

Sperry Topsiders or nothing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bennice View Post
    I like K-Swiss sneakers. They are sooo light and comfy to me that I rarely want to wear any other shoes while playing.
    Me two! I have a pair of K-Swiss sneakers that's all scratched and dirty and damaged, and I use them for drumming only. The most comfortable shoes I've ever had.
    Erik

User Info Menu

Sketchers work the best for me...they have these rubber nipples at the bottom that just grips the pedals.

User Info Menu

I play in socks because I like to be able to really feel the pedals.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
    I play in socks because I like to be able to really feel the pedals.
    Why? what do they feel like? LOL

all the best...

User Info Menu

Don't laugh....Ballet slippers!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Why? what do they feel like? LOL

all the best...
    LOL, it's hard to explain. Basically if I can't feel RIGHT on the pedals I feel like I have no control. Like trying to wear mittens on my hands while playing. Guys like Gene Hoglan that play in thick boots just BAFFLE me.

User Info Menu

I used to race a formula car in the SCCA. Race car drivers wear very thin shoes so they have a better feel for the pedals. Unfortunately I no longer have my racing shoes but I bet they'd make awesome drum shoes.

User Info Menu

the only shoes that i can drum in that are *almost* as playable as barefoot are converse.
    Today, on Ethel The Frog...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    Don't laugh....Ballet slippers!

all the best...
    Neil Peart wears "dancing shoes". I also like his idea of clips on his pants to keep the beaters out of his pant legs. That's happened to me plenty of times.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Socks > chucks > other light, thin soled shoes.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

I'm reminded by a story Mousey Alexander recounted once. He went backstage, after watching him play, and noticed that Buddy Rich was wearing boots. Rich told him, to the effect, that you can either play or you can't play. I can understand wanting to wear comfortable shoes, but it can also be a trap if one can only play in comfortable shoes. For instance, you're wearing a suit and playing at, say, a private party. What are you going to do, show up in sneakers? One should be able to play - with no adverse effect - no matter what they wear.

User Info Menu

I'm sure Rich would have been a great drummer if he was forced to wear winter mittens on his hands, too. Come on, that's just BS. If you're playing at a private party, you bring along whatever shoes you like to play in. You brought an entire freakin' drum set, you can bring a shoebox, too.

User Info Menu

I found Crocs are great lots of traction and light weight. Also lots of ventilation on the feet. Try them and you will see what I mean. If some of you don't know what Crocs are they are like a sandal except they are closed in with air holes all around but I am sure most people know what they are and they are very cheap and comfortable. Before that I played barefeet or sneakers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Morello Man View Post
    For instance, you're wearing a suit and playing at, say, a private party. What are you going to do, show up in sneakers?
    Well, they do make patent leather chucks.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Skate shoes! They are designed for better feel anyways so why not?
    ZildjianLeague/LP/Aquarian/Mapex/Pearl
    Snares: 4
    RIP- Frank, Wolvie, Les Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I wish I was your wife
    Quote Originally Posted by amdrummer View Post
    if double bass is cheating then so is using two sticks

Forum Rules
    DrumBum
    No metronome?
    The Rudiments

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I found Crocs are great lots of traction and light weight. Also lots of ventilation on the feet. Try them and you will see what I mean. If some of you don't know what Crocs are they are like a sandal except they are closed in with air holes all around but I am sure most people know what they are and they are very cheap and comfortable. Before that I played barefeet or sneakers.
    WAYYY too big for my tastes. I'm a size 12 1/2 to begin with, and I tend to play kinda high up on the pedal most of the time, so I'd just be smacking into the posts constantly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Morello Man View Post
    I'm reminded by a story Mousey Alexander recounted once. He went backstage, after watching him play, and noticed that Buddy Rich was wearing boots. Rich told him, to the effect, that you can either play or you can't play. I can understand wanting to wear comfortable shoes, but it can also be a trap if one can only play in comfortable shoes. For instance, you're wearing a suit and playing at, say, a private party. What are you going to do, show up in sneakers? One should be able to play - with no adverse effect - no matter what they wear.
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
    I'm sure Rich would have been a great drummer if he was forced to wear winter mittens on his hands, too. Come on, that's just BS. If you're playing at a private party, you bring along whatever shoes you like to play in. You brought an entire freakin' drum set, you can bring a shoebox, too.
    I think that the spirit of Buddy Rich's comment was not to get trapped in a situation that the gear dictates the player.

"I cant play without such-and-such".

You either have the skills or you don't.
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar-and-spice View Post
    Me two! I have a pair of K-Swiss sneakers that's all scratched and dirty and damaged, and I use them for drumming only. The most comfortable shoes I've ever had.
    I think they're probably some of the most under-rated shoes out there. That's not a bad thing to me, cuz I hate wearing stuff as everybody else.