Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phil Collins

User Info Menu

Default Phil Collins

How do you all feel about Phil Collins as a drummer, singer, and just all round frontman.

To my own surprise, i really like his work.
    Eskimos

User Info Menu

Noo!

User Info Menu

I like him, always have......

User Info Menu

I think he is very talented, to be able to do all that he does, and then do all that very good, he is a great musician.

I always really liked Genesis.

User Info Menu

ya know phil collins got so big and made so much money from music he finally say "screw it.. im gonna sing for disney movies only" lol i mean cmon thats gotta be the ultimate, you've made so much money, you're SO BIG that all you gotta do is make music for disney films.. amazing. PHIL YOU HAVE RAISED THE BAR

User Info Menu

Bald T.W.A.T singing in his nasal voice about the plight of the homeless while he lives in monaco for tax reason.
    Last edited by vinnysimmo; 01-15-2008 at 09:28 AM.

User Info Menu

T W A T did you say about phil?....lol. i loved brand x btw.

User Info Menu

Yeah i sead that about Phil!

User Info Menu

As a musician and singer/songwriter, I think Phil is in an elite group. As a frontman and public personailty, he sucks. I have never liked his attitude or the way he carries himself, but he can definetly write some great music AND perform it flawlessly.
    Da' Bum
    Rockin' the beat for fadedblue
    Keepin' time for Andy Harrison & the AOP
    http://www.facebook.com/fadedbluemusic
    DW Performance 5 pc. in White Marine Pearl
    1972 Pearl Deluxe Custom 5 pc. in blue sparkle
    KAT KT-3
    Paiste cymbals
    Gibraltar hardware
    Axis pedals
    Vic Firth sticks
    Evans heads

User Info Menu

Good musician, bad at PR.

HB58
    My Kit: Pearl Session Custom 7 Piece w/ Zildjian Cymbals
    My Band: Lead Redemption
    Current Favourite Band: Necrophagist
    Current Favourite Song: To Rid The Disease - Opeth
    Next purchase: Pearl 18"x16" Floor Tom, Zildjian A Custom Crash

Rudiments?

User Info Menu

http://www.bobrivers.com/asx/49-659_4.asx

Actually, I think he pretty talented...
    When we do right, no one remembers. When we do wrong, no one forgets.

User Info Menu

I'm a big fan of Phil Collins! I'm a fan of Genesis in general, too. I don't now much about his personal life, but one thing I can say is that high profile people have problems that I can't even imagine. I'd be careful about judging him too harshly away from his kit. I remember talking with Deborah Harry one time (very briefly), and I know that she was very bitter about the music business.

Some here might become professional drummer (and I'll say that I knew you when...), and you might discover why high profile people are the way that they are.
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

He is not as big a jerk as sting is, no one is!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by backtodrum View Post
    What has Sting got to do with it?

User Info Menu

I like Phil much becoz of he can drummin' and singin' at the same time...
    I really appreciate that much, And try to shadow him.....

And who is this Sting anyway??
    My Kit :
    TAMA Imperialstar Midnight Blue
    REMO Encore Heads....
    Meinl Cowbell
    16" Zildjian Avedis Thin Crash
    16" Paiste Alpha Medium Crash
    20" Meinl Rakes Medium Ride
    14" Paiste 3000 Rude Hi-Hat
    8" PST-5 Splash
    6" Meinl Classic Splash
    10" WUHAN S series Splash
    16" ZHT EFX
    17" Stagg China
    P122 Double bass pedal

User Info Menu

I've always loved Phil Collins
    Paiste Posse
    14inch 2002 series Sound Edge Hi-hats
    16inch and 18inch Signature series Fast crashes
    20inch 3000 series Ride
    18inch PST5 series China

Pearl Forum Series drum set
    Pearl Chad Smith Signature snare(steel shell)
    Tama Iron Cobra Chrome

RIP Frank - You will be remembered

User Info Menu

Cool

I Am A Big Phil Collins Fan(bein A Singin Drummer Myself)his Use Of Drum Machines To Layer Beats Is Incredible....word Has It He Started Doin Disney Soundtracks And The Like Because He Is Going Deaf,,,,,yes My Fellow Drummers He Is A Composer And Plays Pretty Good Piano(hard To Call A Song In The Key Of" Boom Chick Boom Boom Chick" As He Sez) And To Think He Started His Career As An Extra In The Beatles Movie"hard Days Night"
    "FEEL DA GROOVE & PLAY IT FORWARD..."

"BEAUTY IS IN THE EARS OF THE BEHOLDER ,
    ENJOY IT ALL,,, MY BROTHERS & SISTERS"

COMMANDER & CHIEPH OF
    "PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY"

LEGEND IN MY OWN MIND
    & FORCE BEHIND DA
    "PHX AZ LEGEND OF DA ZYDECO GROOVE VEST"
    (AND OTHER TOYZ) INCLUDING PIZZABOX SNARE DRUM

IT'S ALL ABOUT DA SHOW !!!!!

User Info Menu

Phil Collins has played with Eric Clapton, Black Sabbath and some other great artists, so he must to be a good drummer.He is also a good singer.

Sting was the leader of the great band < Police > and for sure he is also a great artist, but you can imagine that most of those great musicians are a little bit strange characters
    Keep On Drumming

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnysimmo View Post
    What has Sting got to do with it?
    Nothing other than you voiced your opinion about what you think of Phil, and voiced mine what I think of Sting!

User Info Menu

An "inside source" tells me that Elton John gives him a run for his money.

There was a time a few years back where Phil was everywhere - at the same time - Genesis, solo albums, Eric Clapton, organ grinder in Times Square - the list goes on. David Letterman commented to Paul Schaeffer on Late Night (sarcastically), "I'm depressed, Paul - there's not enough Phil Collins on the radio". It was about this time I had to take a "Phil Pill" as I got burned out on him. Never really got into his stuff much after that.

He's a talented musician though, no question about it.
    I play Sonor Signature Series drums, Zildijian & Sabian cymbals.

User Info Menu

Nothing other than you voiced your opinion about what you think of Phil, and voiced mine what I think of Sting!
    Well, this is a PHIL COLLINS discusion thread. Therefore the point of this thread is to discuss Phil Collins. This also means that Sting has nothing to do with this thread. So if you want to say what you think of Sting, you should start a thread about Sting instead of posting your opinions abaout Sting in this thread.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pastor_bob View Post
    I'm a big fan of Phil Collins! I'm a fan of Genesis in general, too. I don't now much about his personal life, but one thing I can say is that high profile people have problems that I can't even imagine. I'd be careful about judging him too harshly away from his kit. I remember talking with Deborah Harry one time (very briefly), and I know that she was very bitter about the music business.

Some here might become professional drummer (and I'll say that I knew you when...), and you might discover why high profile people are the way that they are.
    you met deborah harry? thats awesome. more of the secret past life of pastor bob to come......

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnysimmo View Post
    Well, this is a PHIL COLLINS discusion thread. Therefore the point of this thread is to discuss Phil Collins. This also means that Sting has nothing to do with this thread. So if you want to say what you think of Sting, you should start a thread about Sting instead of posting your opinions abaout Sting in this thread.
    You know what vinney don't start with me, you are not worth it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by totti View Post
    I like Phil much becoz of he can drummin' and singin' at the same time...
    I really appreciate that much, And try to shadow him.....

And who is this Sting anyway??
    Sting's the lead singer and bassist for British band The Police Surprised you never heard of them if you know Phil Collins (they both were at their most popular around the same time). Here's a link to one of the more popular Police tunes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-xsXlwYBus
    I play Sonor Signature Series drums, Zildijian & Sabian cymbals.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by funkymcstain View Post
    you met deborah harry? thats awesome. more of the secret past life of pastor bob to come......
    Funky, I was once called to a movie set by a patient (he was doing sound) He had told the music director (who was from N.Y.) that he had a good chiropractor, because the music director was having back pain and was away from his chiropractor. I was tired at the end of the day, and didn't really want to drive an hour and a half to the movie set, but since my patient went out on a limb, and told the music director that I could help him, I decided that I should go. That ended up with the medic on the set becoming a firend, and he ask me to come once a week to adjust the cast and crew. I ended up adjusting Bett Midler during that shot, and she's quite a nice lady. I met Deborah Harry when my medic friend called me and ask me to come down to another shot where Ms. Harry was one of the actors. I ended up adjusting her, and we talked for a few minutes. I told here that I enjoyed here music, and that's when I found out that she was bitter toward the music industry.

Living in Southern California, you're just likely to come across the rich and famous at some point, but ultimately they're just people like you and me (OK, maybe more driven).
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!