Thread: What cables do I need?

User Info Menu

Default What cables do I need?

I plan on buying the CAD Premium 7-Piece Drum Microphone Pack, but nowhere does it specify what sort of cables I would need for them and it doesn't come with any. Seeing as there are a few different kinds of mics in that pack, I assume I won't need seven of the same cables, but I could be wrong. Could someone take a look at them and let me know what sort of cables I will need/what kind of input jacks they'll need (so I know what to look for in an audio interface)?

User Info Menu

Default Re: What cables do I need?

XLR cables are what you need- 7 of them. Almost all audio interfaces will have XLR as their connectors- ANY mic that does not have xlr connectors is a piece of trash and is to be avoided.
    You will need either a USB cable or a Firewire cable to connect your interface to the computer.

User Info Menu

Condenser mics require something called phantom power, which is run through a couple of the pins on the XLR cables. Dynamic mics do not require this power. Make sure your interface has phantom power, or your condensers will not work.

User Info Menu

Well, this thread is done. You nailed it funkyruss!
    Quoting gonefishin: Just have some bacon with ya when you go pick her up..........youre an instant chick magnet.

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

xlr transmit better then 1/4 input so all they have say xlr female and male and you have to buy a mixer whith min 8 xlr conection 12 is better
    you have room for more mic after like hihhat ride 2 on the snare etc ...
    good luck in your project and send us some track

R.i.P. FRANK YOU WILL BE REMEMBER AS A GENTLEMAN

how to attach an image http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...ures-7721.html

FRENCHY