Thread: Senior is leaving..

User Info Menu

Default Senior is leaving..

So, I'm a freshman this year. I got put on quads. The only other quad is a senior, and is leaving next year. So next year, will I be made quad captain?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Senior is leaving..

Quote Originally Posted by GodlySnip3r View Post
    So, I'm a freshman this year. I got put on quads. The only other quad is a senior, and is leaving next year. So next year, will I be made quad captain?
    Depends on how good you are and if you have leadership skills. You said you "got put on quads" and not "I made quads"...was there try outs for your marching band? If you are the only quad player by default next year, maybe you will be captain....?

User Info Menu

Nah, It's a big 5A school and everything. I tried out for bass, because I was a freshman. I got put on quads because I was better? Idk.

And next year I'll be the only quad player with any experience.

User Info Menu

Only 2 quad players in a 5A marching band?!? Odds are if you are the only experienced quad player you will be made captain. If it is something you want to step up and do, show initiative and let your band directors know that you want the job. But if you want to hold onto it, you better make sure you got the chops, it isn't always the oldest guy who is the section leader.

User Info Menu

Yeah, if you aren't that great it won't matter.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gretschhead View Post
    Only 2 quad players in a 5A marching band?!?
    Yeah.. That's what I thought, too. Honestly, you've got to feel like the king of the world if you're only one of 2 tenors in a 5A school. I'm one of 4 in a 3A school. Wow. Keep practicing, keep together, keep relaxed, and you'll definately get better.
    PHROGGE'S AQUARIAN ARMY
    TERROROUS TENORS
    TAMAHOLIC
    RIP frank. You'll never be forgotten.
    Post by Yohin: "I never say anything good enough for anyone's sig."