Thread: DW5000 vs. DW9000

User Info Menu

Default DW5000 vs. DW9000

Anyone? I was going to get the 5000's but I'm getting the 9000's instead, what's the difference? Pros/Cons?

BTG, I figure you'd be able to give me some info since you are the spokesman for DW LOL

User Info Menu

i havnt accually played the 9000s but have heard great things about them. they are more adjustable and supposed to be smoother than the 5000s. if they are as durable as the 5000s then you should be happy for a long time.
    i have had my 5000 dbl for 17 years.

User Info Menu

That's great to hear, I'm getting the double as well.

User Info Menu

I actually just went and played one Susan at guitar center in Tacoma, and even the salesman said they(the 9000 series)are to sophisticated, and very difficult to adjust and set up, I played them both, messed around a bit, and HONESTLY I would stick with the 5000, you are not gaining anything with the 9000 except a little frustration, and you are loosing quite alot of money, just my suggestion.

User Info Menu

i can def see a point there with them being too sophisticated, especially with a beginer.

User Info Menu

Yeah, for a beginner, definitely go with the 5000 series....the 9000 are very advanced pedals, and from what I hear, hard to adjust...I haven't had the distinct pleasure of playing a 9000 yet, but I looked at one.....for you, definitely the 5000. And I totally agree with Funky. I have two 5000 pedals, an older-style one I bought in 1989 (still works great, I use it on my practice kit), and a 5000 Delta II I bought in.....97, I think. Both are double pedals, and both have served me quite well over the years.
    Word to the wise : don't mess with the drummer.

User Info Menu

Geez... for a minute I thought this whole thread would be BigTallG using his DW Jedi Mind Tricks!! Seriously, I loves the 5000's. I have a lefty(yes I'm a southpaw) dbl pedal still going strong 16+ years.. I have yet to try the 9000's but I would think they are just as good if not better than the 5000's. IMO go with the 5000's
    PLEASE PLAY RESPONSIBLY.... DON'T DRINK AND DRUM!!

My Kit: Vintage Ludwig Classic Maple 26 kick 14, 16, 18 toms, Paiste 2002 Cymbals, Paiste Giant Beat 15" Hats

User Info Menu

i have a 9000 single pedal.. if u want double pedal.. DW 9002 (2 for double) is the creme of the crop..as u can see cuz of the price..although i have seen axis pedals..that claim to be the best.. u can check em out here.. although i cant see how they could possibly be better than the 9000 series

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...2&src=3SOSWXXA

User Info Menu

Not saying this matters but it's an observation that I made. I've seen quite a few guys that have a DW hardware endorsement deal and still haven't updated their 5000's to 9000's. I have 5000's as well and love them.

User Info Menu

just a question here, i wanted to buy some 5000's, i cant do heal toe on my pedal, but i can do heal toe on almsot any other pedal, so does anyone play heal toe, and have the 5000?

User Info Menu

i like both but for a beginner 5000 definatly
    play till the day i die. it makes more sense that way.

"You should set up your drums around the toilet. You know you must use it everyday and lets be realistic, nothing better is going on when your sitting on there. Why not take care of business and play the drums." silver dragon sound

User Info Menu

I ended up getting the 9000, I love them but now with my new kit I don't ever use them..... I will use them with my Roland TD-20

User Info Menu

care to sell those 9000s?